Autonomous Resourcing: How Can Activists Resource Our Own Activism?
While we advocate for more and better resources for feminist movements, we must also name and claim the numerous and powerful ways feminist movements fuel social change with our own resources. In partnership with feminist activists from Argentina, Costa Rica, Georgia, and Indonesia, AWID co-curated a conversation on feminist experiences and learning on how to mobilize resources that are autonomous, and self-generated by and for feminist movements.
Sharing their skills and knowledge with us, feminist activists included: Lucia (“Luti”) Brenes from Beso Diverso, Eka Imerlishvili from Independent Feminist Network of Georgia, Nani Zulminarni from Pekka, and Victoria Tesoriero from the National Campaign for Legal Abortion. The conversation was moderated by Tenzin Dolker from AWID.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Funded, INCITE! Women of Color Against Violence (2007)
- What we can learn from feminists who fund themselves, Tenzin Dolker (2019)
- Feminist funded organizing: our money, our decisions, Victoria Tesoriero and AWID (2020)
- Autonomous resourcing: the engine room of feminist work amid a global pandemic, Rochelle Jones (2020)
- Forget billionaires: let’s build our own system to fund the transformation of society, Michael Edwards (2019)
- "The revolution will not be NGO-ised": four lessons from African feminist organising, Felogene Anumo, and Valerie Bah (2017)
- The Revolution Will Not Be Funded, Hakima Abbas (2010)
- ‘IT’S ALL ABOUT INTENTION’: AN INTERVIEW WITH THE NEW YORK CITY YOUNG FEMINIST GIVING CIRCLE, FRIDA (2015)
- Mutual Aid: One for All and All for One, Nandi (2020)
- “Checking In with Your People”: Food, Mutual Aid, Black Feminism, and COVID-19, Makshya Lenia Tolbert (2020)
- Spotify Playlist Inspired by Autonomous Resourcing (2020)
- Solidarity Not Charity: Mutual Aid & How to Organize in the Age of Coronavirus, Democracy NOW! (2020)
- The Social Change Auction: Funded by Palestine
- The Godmother of the Moment + GLITS
- Launching Feminism in India Membership Program
- Start a Giving Circle
- Mutual Aid Disaster Relief
- Twitter Q&A on Autonomous Resourcing with Tenzin Dolker (2020)