Womens Economic Empowerment Advisor
Location: Amman, Jordan
Organization: CARE USA
CARE is working in Syria to support vulnerable women, men, girls and boys affected by the ongoing civil war. We work both through partners and through direct delivery of humanitarian assistance across different parts of Syria. In addition, CARE supports livelihoods recovery and resilience programming across Syria. Most of our work is through cross border, remote-managed assistance modalities from neighboring countries, working closely with Syrian civil society organizations.
Currently, CARE’s core sectors in Syria are Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL), WASH and Protection, working with over 120 staff in hubs across the region. In addition, we maintain a standing emergency response capacity with a particular focus on Shelter/NFI programming. In 2018 CARE launched a strategic review of its work in Syria, and has prioritized building the resilience of affected people in Syria to recover from shocks and stresses, with a particular emphasis on supporting women to engage in sustainable livelihoods.
This position will be responsible for delivering on that objective, by ensuring that CARE’s programming in Syria contributes to positive changes in women’s agency and their position within their households and communities.
This is a short term contract, set to end December 2019.
- Technical Leadership
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Project Oversight
- Other responsibilities as asssigned
- Bachelor degree in Social Science, Economics, Agriculture, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience on gender and livelihood issues,
- Experience with gender in humanitarian response
- Hands-on experience in planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation specifically in the field of gender and livelihoods
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to CARE's career page.