Women Protection and Empowerment Manager
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Bamako, Mali
Organization: The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The WPE/GBV Manager will lead program implementation, build national staff capacity to provide direct support to GBV survivors, mentor, supervise and monitor team activities, and ensure financial and logistical controls are implemented according to IRC protocols.
Position objective: To ensure the technical quality of IRC WPE/GBV programming and that survivors of GBV have safe, timely access to basic case management and referral services
This position reports to the Protection and Education Coordinator
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to the WPE/GBV activities in accordance with best practice, IRC policy and Strategy Action Plan for IRC-Mali.
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for appropriate GBV analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy.
- Ensure regular communication with the WPE Technical Unit for mutual learning and the application of good practice/ sector standards.
Managing human resources & capacity development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Directly supervise the national GBV manager, setting and reviewing performance objectives, and providing guidance on performance management and evaluation for the team.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly work plans and timesheets.
- Assist with the recruitment of WPE/GBV staff, in coordination with HR, senior management, and the WPE Technical Unit.
- Ensure training and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills.
How to apply: