What Women Want Campaign Consultant
Location: Washington, DC
Organization: White Ribbon Alliance
White Ribbon Alliance is a globally connected, locally led advocacy organization working to create a world where all girls and women realize their right to quality health and well-being.
On April 11, 2018, White Ribbon Alliance launched the campaign What Women Want: Demands for Quality Maternal and Reproductive Healthcare from Women and Girls. Collaborating with more than 300 partners and mobilizing in 114 countries, in one year, the campaign asked nearly 1.2 million women and girls what their number one request was for their reproductive and maternal healthcare. The global results were recently launched at the Women Deliver conference in Vancouver, Canada. Subsequent country launches will occur throughout 2019 and early 2020.
As What Women Want transitions from its first phase (mobilization on responses) into its second phase (compelling decision-makers and influencers to act on findings), White Ribbon Alliance is seeking a short-term campaign consultant to lead the strategic direction and implementation of the campaign between September 2019 and April 2020. The consultant should have seven to ten years of campaign or advocacy experience, ideally in international settings.
Specifically, the campaign consultant will:
- Create and oversee a robust and rolling dissemination plan to ensure global and national What Women Want results reach key decision-makers and influencers. This includes virtual and non-virtual opportunities.
- Develop a strategy to engage What Women Want’s 300+ partners to effectively use the results.
- Collaborate with WRA National Alliances to further analyze and package country specific results for advocacy purposes.
- Collaborate with WRA National Alliances to develop concrete advocacy agendas building on What Women Want findings. Work with National Alliances to strategize how best to realize advocacy agendas.
- Secure commitments from global decision-makers and influencers to act on What Women Want findings.
- Collaborate with WRA National Alliances to secure commitments from national decision-makers and influencers to act on What Women Want findings.
- Develop issue specific What Women Want briefs and advocacy agendas for top global demands.
- Develop a plan for Phase 3 of the What Women Want campaign, following disseminations and development of advocacy agendas.
- Oversee select global event organization for What Women Want disseminations and consultations.
- Project manage all aspects of the What Women Want global campaign, including supporting and coordinating teams in What Women Want focus countries and collaborating across WRA’s Global Secretariat team based in Washington DC.
This consultancy is a 50% position based in Washington, DC between September 2019-April 2020 and reports into WRA’s Deputy Executive Director.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter and a writing sample or advocacy strategy/campaign plan you’ve developed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: WWW Campaign Consultant.
Applications not containing all materials will not be considered. No phone calls please. Please note that qualified candidates must hold legal status and authorization to work in the U.S.
Applications are due by COB Monday, August 26th, 2019.