Website Liaison Internship
Deadline: Until filled
Organization: Women Living Under Muslim Laws
Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) is a transnational feminist solidarity network that promotes human rights and gender justice and equality for people whose lives are shaped, conditioned or governed by patriarchal and/or authoritarian interpretations of Islam.
WLUML is going through a revamp of its digital communications, and this process includes launching a new website. The Website Liaison intern for WLUML will join our team to relaunch our new website, and work as the liaison between the board members and the web developers. The intern would be supervised by and report to the WLUML board.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Thoroughly familiarize themselves with not only the work of WLUML, but also the old website. Doing so will inform the shape and structure of the new website. Reading through website proposals for a firm grip on the requirements for the new website
- Help with preparing documents that need transferring to the new website
- Creating content and messages for particular pages for the new website.
- Organize meetings with WLUML website committee for regular follow-ups and updates.
- Preparing short reports with all monthly updates, for WLUML record-keeping
- Acting as the focal point of contact with the web designer for queries and follow-ups
- Ensuring timely delivery by keeping an eye on both the committee as well as the web designer
- Researching websites whose goals are similar to ours.
- Familiarity and expertise with WordPress
- Ability to think creatively and independently, and willingness to research sister organizations’ website for inspiration
- A curiosity for design and an eye for structure and detail
- Willingness to communicate ideas and particularities to the committee/board
- Firmness with ensuring that a team delivers on their deadlines
- Experience with communications in a civil society context, particularly in organizations that work on feminism, women’s rights, gender equality and human rights
Interns with second language skills (Farsi, Urdu, Arabic and/or French) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Duration: Three months
- Location: Remote
- Number of hours: 10 hours per week (flexible)
- Renumeration: A one-time honorarium of USD $500.
- Supervision: The postholder will be supervised by the website committee.
How to apply: