VP of Programs
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, NY, USA
Organization: Girls Inc. of NYC
Girls Inc. of New York City is seeking an innovative, energetic, thoughtful VP of Programs to lead the creation, delivery and evaluation of our life-changing programs.
Girls Inc. of New York City (GINYC) delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equips girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. GINYC is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Inc. organization, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women.
The VP of Programs will ensure the alignment and quality of programs with the mission, policies and goals of GINYC. This role requires a high level understanding and knowledge of a gender-specific, multi-cultural perspective and New York City-based, youth development programming. The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, as well as persuasive power and persistence. They will be skilled in motivating and leading teams and maintaining excellent relationships with various donors, partners and other stakeholders. The position reports directly to the CEO and works in close partnership with the leadership team.
Planning and Budgeting
- · Works in concert with the Chief Executive Officer and the VP of Philanthropy to research and secure government, corporate and foundation funding
- Works in concert with the Chief Executive Officer, the VP of Operations, and the the VP of Philanthropy, on new initiatives and strategies; ensures program implementation within the framework of board policies, the approved budget and strategic plan
- Oversees the development of comprehensive program initiatives, including direct service programs, community education and outreach programs, fee for service programs and advocacy and other program initiatives based on the agency’s strategic plan
Program Assessment and Evaluation
- Communicates goals, deliverables and vision of programs to staff
- Supports heads of programs in program planning to ensure programs meet New York City, New York State, foundation and corporate grant deliverables
- Works with CEO and the VP of Operations to establish plans and procedures for increasing the reach of Girls Inc. of New York City
- Represents GINYC to various stakeholders including managing site visit requests from the CEO, VP of Philanthropy, the Girls Inc. National network and other potential partners/ funders
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Skilled in communicating and collaborating with school administration & staff, families and partners
- Requires a strong knowledge of federal, state and city funding application processes as well as knowledge of other youth development funding sources
- Must have the skills and ability to manage and track grant implementation, navigate various database systems, document program outcomes and complete grant reports
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of successfully supervising, motivating, and encouraging staff members and have the ability to motivate and sustain successful work teams
- Must possess basic training skills and the ability to evaluate effective program trainers
- Knowledge of the issues girls in New York City face, and understanding and support of the Girls Inc. of New York City and Girls Incorporated mission and values
- Proven track record of cooperative leadership, motivation and dedication
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Google Suite, Participant management, Donor management, Virtual training and Networking platforms, surveying tools
How to apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter, as well as samples of grant proposals and curriculum to email@example.com.
Indicate application is for the VP of Programs position in your email subject line.
No phone calls, please. Girls Inc. of New York City is an equal opportunity employer. Women of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.