Volunteer Fundraiser (COVID-19 Support)
Organization: Do It With Boldness Foundation
Do It With Boldness Foundation is in urgent need of additional help to raise funds in order to remain sustainable during this Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. Do It With Boldness Foundation provides a vital role in supporting women and girls In Kenya.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for volunteer Fundraisers to support our Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer in identifying and applying for funding, grants, particularly from individuals,Trusts, Foundations and Institutions. As well as help to develop a robust fundraising strategy to meet the long term sustainability of the organisation.
The role includes
- Diversify in Individual giving strategy in your region/country or crowdfunding
- Research and implement funding opportunities with a view to improving cash flow within the organisation.
- Write and submit funding applications and proposals to relevant funders to obtain funds from various sources.
- Develop a portfolio of a broad range of fundraising opportunities.
- Work alongside the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer in order to balance time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Set up, manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Work with the COO,CEO, trustees and senior staff management to develop an overall fundraising strategy to utilize and diversify income streams.
As the COVID-19 global pandemic rapidly spreads across the African continent and especially in Kenya, we worry, because in many African countries health systems remain weak, and incapable of meeting the demands this crisis will place on them. The COVID-19 pandemic will put immense pressure on under-resourced and under-equipped communities, even as the effects of the worsening health crisis are felt by everyone.
At Do It With Boldness Foundation we have remained at the front line in promoting gender equality and fight against Gender based violence during this critical period.We are grounded in the belief that we are responsible for one another, and for what happens in our communities
As the country deals with the Covid-19 pandemic,there is a shocking increase in the number of sexual offences cases-(GBV) over the past two weeks in many parts of the country in the last two weeks. These offences constitute 35.8% of the criminal matters reported during the period.
Coincidentally, many Kenyans have been working from home over the past two weeks, with students home from learning institutions as well. A 7:00 p.m to 5:00a.m curfew has also been imposed.
In some cases, unfortunately, the perpetrators of such offences-(GBV) are close relatives, guardians or persons living with the victims. These are people who are supposed to take care of the young girls, but instead of taking care, they are preying on them.
What are we looking for?
- Build on your knowledge and understanding whilst focusing on a wide range of fundraising areas
- Good analytical skills
- Be good at managing a variety of stakeholder relationships
- Experienced and comfortable using office software to write reports and proposals on fundraising initiatives
- Have knowledge of the individual giving strategy, charity sector and the issues that face small charities.
- Good standard of written English and strong verbal skills
- Can use your own initiative and work autonomously.
- Ability to learn new things quickly and retain information.
- Knowledge and some experience of fundraising for charities
What difference will you make?
- Support the organisation with increasing their income generation from a variety of sources
- It would bring confidence for the future sustainability of the organisation to continue to deliver and support women and girls in the community.
- It will have a direct impact on the life of women and girls and the local community through elevation of poverty, provision of early intervention and safeguarding prevention.
- Allowing the organisation to implement and achieve its vision for sustainability.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- Do It With Boldness Foundation will provide a supportive and friendly environment which includes networking as well as a great opportunity to meet new people.
- Be part of a well-established women organisation with a good reputation in the community.
- Gain a good understanding of the organisation’s work within the local community
- Able to make an impact on the sustainability of the organisation
- Develop further knowledge and experience
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses (15% from the total amount raised)
- Flexibility with the hours/days to suit you
Before you apply
Due to Social distancing, communication will be via email or telephone communication. Successful candidate will will require to work remotely from their home or Country.
Desired Skills and Experience
Fundraising events, Fundraising strategy, Researching funders / writing proposals, Database, Event management, Public relations
How to apply: