[URGENT] The African Leadership Institute (AFLI) Call for Submissions African Women/Youth-Led and -Serving Organisations
Organization: The African Leadership Institute (AFLI)/ Project Pakati
The African Leadership Institute (AFLI), through the Project Pakati initiative, is developing a project titled African Women/Youth-Led and Youth-Serving Organizations Portal.
Women/Youth-led organizations are run and staffed by young people, and their members are all young people. Whilst youth-serving organizations are important as they ignite active citizenry, civic duty, and volunteerism at the community levels, several challenges exist.
- Firstly, they are generally poorly funded as donors and funders struggle to identify these organisations.
- Secondly, youth-led/serving organizations do not leverage lessons learnt by other similar organizations as information sharing opportunities are limited.
- Thirdly, governments do not acknowledge the important contributions of these organizations with young people frustrated that they do not get credit and support for the role they play towards the social and economic development of their communities.
In response to the above challenges, through the AFLI/Project Pakati Secretariat, the African Women/Youth-Led and Youth Serving organization Portal project intends to profile such organisations with the intention to make them visible and discoverable.
To submit details of your organisation, you must be a non-profit organisation working and based in the African continent.
- Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Education and Skills Development
- Health and Wellbeing
- Governance and Youth Empowerment
Below, the benefits for your organisation of being profiled on the portal:
- The portal will make your organisation discoverable by potential funders and donors;
- It will provide capacity building and peer learning for organizations
- It will enhance and promote information exchange between the organizations
- It will assist in recognising youth-led/serving organisations for their work and efforts and the role of young people in building African economies
- It will provide data to the African Union & other institutions which have placed African youth at the centre of their strategies
- It will encourage more young people to be engaged and exercise their agency. There are many young people who want to volunteer but do not know where to start
- It will also facilitate connections between youth-led/serving organisations – in the same country or across different African countries – so they can share best practices, experiences and challenges.
- Lastly, it will help recognize the contribution of youth led organizations towards continental and global agendas (Agenda 2063, SDGs etc).
How to apply:
Once you have register your organization, please send the organization full names and contact person for;
- Checking of their information
- Validation of the organization
- and then Published the organization profile Change maker at AFLI E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org WhatsApp:+254779562342