Trauma Expert for strengthening Health System
Location: Dohuk, Kurdish Region of Iraq
Organization: medica mondiale e.V.
Since 2015, medica mondiale has been implementing programmes and projects in the Kurdish Region of Iraq focusing on strengthening local protection and counseling for women and girls affected by sexual and gender based violence.
The Expert is responsible for contributing Trauma-expertise to the projects implemented by medica mondiale in KRI. In close cooperation with the medica mondiale technical advisors on trauma work in Cologne, the Trauma Expert ensures the implementation of the projects in KRI according to medicamondiale standards on trauma work. The position reports to the Head of Mission in KRI.
- Design and implement of qualification programs, including Training of Trainers, based on the medica mondiale STA - stress- and trauma-sensitive approach®
- Adapt training materials on stress- and traumasensitive health care as well as monitoring tools to the KRI context
- Provide training for trainers for health care professionals on stress- and traumasensitive health care, staff care and burn out prevention
- Advocate for the institutionalisation of STA - stress- and trauma-sensitive approach® with stakeholders in the local health system
Experience/knowledge and skills
- Degree in public health
- Work experience in the health sector (preferably SRHR)
- Knowledge of SGBV and trauma, especially in war- and post-war contexts
- Experience in designing and conducting trainings
- Excellent command of the English language combined with strong writing skills; Understanding of Arabic or Kurd languages would be an asset.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application (CV, cover letter and references not exceeding 2MB) as well as your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.