Temporary Project Assistant: Elections
Location: Washington, DC' USA
Organization: National Democratic Institute
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is currently seeking a diligent, organized and enthusiastic undergraduate, graduate student or recent graduate with strong communication skills and demonstrated interest in elections and democratic transitions to assist NDI's Elections and Political Processes Team. The Elections Team is responsible for advising and assisting NDI's regional teams in implementing election-related programs around the world.
The project assistant will work primarily with the Program and Senior Program Assistants of the Election and Political Processes team in our Washington, DC office. The anticipated start date for this position is early-August 2020.
- Track political and electoral developments in specific countries;
- Coordinate online outreach and communications for the Elections team and a global network of civil society activists;
- Assist with updates to an elections resource website;
- Update and maintain resource materials;
- Assist in the organization of travel, meetings and special events;
- Conduct research projects on specific election-related issues;
- Attend and report on meetings, briefings and events;
- Assist with administrative tasks such as scanning, photocopying and filing;
- Respond to requests for information on election-related issues and NDI's election programs; and
- Update and maintain databases of NDI election programs and consultants.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or current graduate student in international affairs, political science or a related field;
- Demonstrated interest in international issues related to democratic transitions and the role of elections in promoting democratic reform;
- Experience with event planning and managing logistics strongly desirable;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in oral and written English; additional language skills desirable, particularly French, Arabic, Russian, or Spanish;
- Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, strongly preferred;
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and with others in a fast-paced environment; and
- Weekday availability of 40 hours per week for at least 3 months.
How to apply: