Technical Advisor - Women's Protection and Empowerment
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, USA or London, UK
Organization: The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The WPE Technical Advisor (TA) will spend at least 80% of his/her time delivering technical assistance in-person and remotely to country program colleagues. The remaining time is spent on influence, advocacy, research and internal initiatives, as required by the team’s overall strategy. The Technical Advisors’ specific responsibilities are as follows:
Guiding program design:
- Support country program staff to design programs and projects
- Help define approach to teaming/ partnering with other organizations
- Support selection of indicators for country programs
Engaging in business development:
- Review technical quality of proposals, including review of technical activities and ensuring alignment to IRC’s outcomes. When necessary, write technical narrative of proposals
- Provide input on budgets required for project delivery
- Engage with donors and do outreach in support of country programs
Building technical capacity of country program staff to ensure ongoing program quality and innovation:
- Share cross-context learning with program staff across the regions
- Conduct technical training and ongoing technical coaching for country program staff, including on IRC outcomes, theories of change, evidence and indicators
- Review and share program-specific tools / resources / curricula and work with Technical Unit specialists to contextualize and adapt global and country-specific materials
Education: Master’s/post-graduate degree in public health, social work, humanities or other relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Work Experience: A minimum of 6-8 years of field-based GBV (or another relevant sector) program management experience is required, preferably within a humanitarian or international development setting. Experience in technical tools and materials development, monitoring and evaluation, and research in relation to education is highly desired. Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines is highly desired.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Demonstrated ability to turn concepts and strategy into measurable action, and experience leading on program design, monitoring and evaluation. Must have strong and effective communications skills, and the ability to present a broad array of information to inform and influence diverse audiences in multi-cultural environments. Demonstrate commitment and capacity to renew and maintain standards with best practices in the field.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and French required; proficiency in Arabic or Spanish is desired/an advantage.
How to apply: