Team Leader: Stopping Abuse and Female Exploitation, Zimbabwe
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Ecorys is seeking a Team Leader to oversee the upcoming Stopping Abuse and Female Exploitation (SAFE) programme in Zimbabwe. SAFE is a four year programme jointly funded by the UK and Swedish governments to reduce gender based violence in Zimbabwe and protect the safety, rights and choices of women/girls and men/boys. The programme will deliver this by using an adaptive approach that will include research and evidence, capacity building, GBV prevention and social norms programming.
The Team Leader, who will be based in Harare, will be responsible for the overall leadership of the programme, covering both technical and operational delivery.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining strong relationships with the programme's key counterparts, including the Government of Zimbabwe and DFID
- Overseeing the deliverables of the programme and quality assuring all outputs. Ensuring budgetary, client and stakeholder expectations are met and are contractually compliant.
- Overall responsibility for managing the team, including long and short term consultants
- Alongside the Technical Director, support with programme’s strategy including work plans and budgets; staffing plans and performance improvement plans
Desired Team Leader Requirements:
- Extensive experience in tackling child marriage, GBV, modern day slavery, sex trafficking or related fields
- Considerable experience in leading community prevention and response interventions in Zimbabwe or similar contexts
- Held leadership positions on large-scale donor funded (preferably DFID) community response and prevention programmes
- Has been responsible for programme budgets of £5 million or over
- Strong expertise in building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- Proven ability to employ an adaptive management approach to respond to the changing needs and evolving nature of this type of programme
- Ability to quickly analyse, understand, interpret and convey complex scenarios and to strategize suitable and effective solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced degree in gender, international development or another relevant discipline
Zimbabwean nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Ecorys is a global consultancy firm with 20 offices worldwide and over 80 years of experience. In this time, we have worked in more than 100 countries with a particular geographic focus on sub-Saharan Africa. We advise governments, multinational organisations, NGOs and civil society groups, and private sector clients on a wide range of economic and social issues. Our work includes evidence-based research, technical assistance, training and education programmes, monitoring and evaluation, project management and tailor-made advice. We aim to foster sustainable economic and social development by supporting our clients with sound analysis, inspiring ideas and immediately implementable policy solutions.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and statement of interest to daniela.schofield [at] ecorys.com