Sudan Programmes Coordinator
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Organization: The Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA network)
Sudan is currently undergoing very deep transition, ensuring gender equality and women and files rights are central in rebuilding Sudan. SIHA is looking to identify and The SPC will be responsible for leading SIHA Sudan operation including providing support and guidance for the SIHA Sudan team.
The SIHA SPC will work closely with SIHA senior programs officer and program team and will report directly to SIHA regional program manager. This Position requires someone with strong coordination skills , strategic with interest to be p[art of this critical period in Sudan. The ideal candidate should be willing to help in enabling, supporting and work closely with SIHA team and specifically SIHA Sudan program team to learn while growing.
- To strategically lead and support SIHA Sudan program development and implementation and oversee quality and methodologies of projects management
- To help in structuring the SIHA Sudan program work while employing MEL modalities
- To establish collaboration with the Sudan team, communication with donors and other international and regional organizations relevant to SIHA mandate and work
- To enhance the capacity of Sudan Program team including their planning skills , documentation MEL methods and leadership.
- To take the lead on projects planning and assigned implantation tools and staffing.
- To review SIHA Sudan projects agreements and the terms of funding in collaboration with the SIHA Sudan team and SIHA program manager and finance team
- To ensure that projects implementation information is well documented and available for donors reporting and for MEL . Including social media and visual and audio materials
- Ensure that the quality of project activity implementation is in line with project objectives and of value & that all project activities are implemented in a professional manner.
- To work closely with Sudan Program officers,& Head of Finance and Administration and the SIHA Darfur team .
- Contribute to the development of policy papers, statements and briefing that would need to be produce by SIHA
- Under take research and information gathering of relevance to SIHA work
- Identifying and share information about opportunities for funding and capacity building for SIHA and its members whenever it possible
- To perform any other relevant tasks to be asked by the regional director
REQUIRED CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
- Strong combination of studies and work experience in the fields of women’s rights and social development in the African context; Master’s Degree is desirable
- Flexibility and resilience is highly required for this post
- Strong commend of English language
- Proven strong writing skills
- Good understanding of Sudan context
- At least 4 to 5 years of work experience in managing projects in the fields of gender, or human rights or social development
- Experience and understanding of project cycle management, including monitoring and evaluation;
- Capacity to manage a budget and ensure accurate and timely financial reporting;
- Strong management and coordination skills;
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Previous exposure to international and/or multicultural /multilingual environment
- Arabic language is an asset
How to apply:
To Apply Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter, expressing her/his motivation in applying and relevant experience/expertise, in relation to the assignment by 29th November 2019 Please enter “Application Materials: ‘SIHA APPLICATION: SUDAN PROGRAMME COORDINATOR” to SIHA’s Human Resources Department email@example.com before 29th OF November 2019. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that SIHA will contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you for your interest!