Senior Technical Advisor Gender Program Design & Resource Mobilization
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Atlanta, USA
Organization: CARE USA
The promotion of gender equality and women’s voice is a core part of how CARE works everywhere, in fragile and conflict-affected states and least developed countries, as well as in middle income countries or the global North. It applies to our work in all programme areas, including the four priority outcome areas in CARE’s Global Programme Strategy: humanitarian response; the right to sexual, reproductive and maternal health and a life free from violence; food and nutrition security and climate change resilience; and women’s access to and control of economic resources. In our experience, achieving gender equality and women’s voice requires transformative change. This means addressing the structural causes as well as the symptoms of gender inequality, with the aim of achieving lasting change in the power and choices women have over their own lives, rather than just a temporary increase in opportunities.
CARE is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor for Gender Program Design and Resource Mobilization. The STA is a core member of the Gender Justice Team, which leads the Gender Equality and Women’s Voice (GEWW) approach on behalf of CARE globally. The STA will support the GEWV strategy by ensuring gender is included in all phases of new business and proposal development processes for US Government (USG) donors and overseeing inclusion of gender-transformative best practice in program design and new proposals.
The STA will provide leadership, coordination and support in engaging in the overall proposal development process in these key areas. S/he will build relationships, liaise and network with USG donors while supporting country offices and other teams in gender-transformative program design and strategy development. The STA will also oversee gender technical components in all phases of proposal development and execution for USG donors including go/no go decisions, attention to appropriate interventions, budget line items in order to ensure appropriate gender-transformative approaches, and measures for impact.
The person in this role will also provide support to build the capacity of the Competitive Bids Unit to fully integrate gender-transformative approaches and interventions into new program design, proposals, and materials designed for USG donors.
- Act as the primary technical proposal development expert on the Gender Justice team for USG proposals.
- Provide technical support and guidance in response to USG requests for applications/proposals, including supporting conceptualization and program design, background research, writing key components, identifying key learning, and ensuring adequate resources are included in project budgets
- Conduct background and other necessary research to develop innovative and compelling concept notes and proposals that highlight CARE's unique niche as a leader in gender-transformative programming.
- Build the capacity of teams to integrate gender-transformative approaches in program design and strategy development
- Liaise internally and outside of CARE to build networks and relationships, identify opportunities and monitor data and trends to maximize resource mobilization opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in international development, public health, or related field
- 10 years of experience in relevant fields, and at least 2 years of new business development experience
- In depth knowledge of and expertise in gender-transformative interventions, research and practice in development
- Knowledge and experience with USAID proposal development processes and knowledge of USG/USAID policies and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience and successful track record in leading development of proposals for USG donors
- Strong background in gender, including up to date knowledge of gender integrated and focused programming across development sectors
- Familiarity with USG development priorities and programs in two or more sectors
- Excellent skills in gender-transformative program design, proposal development and execution
- Strong skills in planning and organization, partnership and collaboration
- Evidence of outstanding writing and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats - English proficiency
- Proficiency in WORD, Excel, powerpoint
How to apply: