Senior Technical Advisor, Community Engagement
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
The Senior Technical Advisor, Community Engagement is a dedicated champion of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) with expertise in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community engagement strategies in low-resource settings globally with a focus and expertise in Francophone Africa (FA).
The primary responsibility of the Senior Technical Advisor is to partner with Francophone African country programs and FA regional subject matter experts to advance community engagement strategies that contribute to the achievement of country-level strategic goals. In addition, the Senior Technical Advisor works on global scopes of work to advance organization-wide understanding of the impact of community engagement strategies as well as facilitate and support cross-regional knowledge sharing and collaboration.
By drawing on their own content expertise and that of other colleagues across the organization, the Senior Technical Advisor, Community Engagement will also lead the development of standards, metrics, curricula and tools to support excellence in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community-level strategies; strengthen the capacity of Francophone African staff in key technical competency areas; and ensure the sharing and application of practice-based evidence across Francophone African country programs and the region.
- In partnership with other technical staff and regional program support teams, collaborates with and provides technical assistance to FA in-country and regional technical Ipas staff and external partners as requested to support the design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of community-engagement strategies
- Maintains an up-to-date awareness of priorities and focal areas of Franocphone African country-level strategic plans and other technical and regional priorities in order to ensure the technical collaboration provided on community engagement strategies is synergistic and coherent with other programmatic and organizational strategies and priorities
- Create and maintain a high level collaboration and relationship with the departments and or entities of Francophone African Ministries of Health and regional bodies in charge of community health (WAHO, Ministries in charge of Gender, etc.) and ensure Ipas’ expertise and best practices are shared and strategies are aligned with national and regional strategies, in collaboration with in-country CE Advisors and program staff
- Maintains an up-to-date awareness of programmatic trends and literature in key technical areas and approaches (to be determined) which could include Social Norm and Behavior Change (SBC), Information, Education Communications (IEC), Medical Abortion Self-Use, Abortion Stigma Reduction, Male Involvement and/or mHealth Technologies
- Guided by in-country expertise and existing evidence base, leads the development and dissemination of standards, best practices and metrics for promoting and assessing technical excellence in community engagement strategies and ensures evidence of impact is understood across the organization
- Analyzes aggregated global RM&E data and insights relevant to community engagement interventions, validates analysis with in-country stakeholders, and translates findings into strategic recommendations and tools to support global strategy and project-level impact
- Ensures the documentation and dissemination of programmatic innovations, trends and lessons learned in CE inform Ipas’ work across countries and regions and the greater sexual and reproductive health and rights community
- Contributes CE strategic technical input into proposal design, donor reports and on internal working groups
- Advances organizational understanding and ability to apply an equity lens in community-engagement strategies to appropriately address root cause barriers to abortion and contraceptive access
- Performs other duties as assigned
How to apply: