Senior Research Analyst, Racial and Immigrant Justice
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Organization: Political Research Associates
You are a talented researcher, analyst, and writer. Driven and committed to social justice, big ideas and even bigger challenges excite you. You recognize that in this moment of crisis, social justice advocates will have to make significant adjustments to refashion ourselves as an effective resistance movement capable of robust defense of rights and liberty—with emphasis on those threatened by racism, xenophobia, and gender & sexual violence. You also see that we need a forward, welcoming stance that looks outward to the millions of people not yet part of our networks who are alarmed and fearful of what they see happening in our country and will join with us if we create appropriate opportunities for them. The idea of helping build such a movement is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
PRA is currently seeking a Senior Research Analyst for our program on Racial and Immigrant Justice. This role will help develop and implement work focusing on White nationalism and anti-Semitism, bringing an intersectional lens that recognizes the roles of race, ethnicity, class, religion, gender, and sexuality in the spike in racist, Islamophobic, and anti-Jewish threats, hate speech, and ethnoviolence as well as government targeting of stigmatized communities. Reporting to the Research Director, you will be charged with leading research and educational efforts that are actionable for advocates and allies and that respond to the demands of the current moment: that we address anti-Semitism both in its own right and in relation to the broader challenge posed by rising White Nationalism to immigrant and racial justice and to pluralistic democracy.
The Senior Research Analysts key responsibilities include:
- With support from the Research Director, develop and implement annual programmatic goals and priorities for the Racial and Immigrant Justice program and contribute to program team goals and priorities.
- Lead a new expanded focus on White nationalism and anti-Semitism, developing a 2 year work plan, with specific activities and timelines
- Lead work to establish a learning community on contemporary anti-Semitism and White nationalism with organizing, advocacy, research, and faith partners (both Jewish and non-Jewish).
- Generate high-quality research products for publication in various PRA and external vehicles, including The Public Eye, printed reports, and Web content.
- Develop and maintain ongoing productive relationships with organizing and advocacy groups in order to improve the quality and impact of both our and their work.
- Keep research team and development and communications staff informed of and conversant in your areas of research.
- As appropriate, and with support of Research Director, identify opportunities for collaboration with staff and outside researchers/writers.
- Work with communications and research staff to develop and implement an appropriate media and communications strategy for PRA research and analysis in the area of racial and immigrant justice.
- Prepare and execute convenings, presentations, briefings, trainings, strategy discussions, etc., to support movement partners in deepening their understanding, analysis, and strategy on issues of racial and immigrant justice.
- Partner with the Development Director in developing proposals, briefing funders, and reporting on program outcomes and impact.
- Mentor research interns, delegating appropriate tasks, providing feedback on work products, and helping develop the next generation of researchers on the Right.
- Participate in organizational development and administrative projects as needed and assigned.
- Represent PRA in a professional manner, consistent with our mission and strategic plan, both within the organization and in public
Commitment to the vision and mission of PRA; demonstrated experience researching and writing on the U.S. Right, White nationalism, Antisemitism; familiarity with social justice movements, organizing and advocacy groups in the racial and immigrant justice sectors; excellent research and analytical skills; excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; demonstrated efficacy managing projects and deadlines; passion for social justice; critical and creative thinking; strong verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team; ability to support and contribute to all areas of the organization’s research program; and willingness to learn new skills.
Salary is competitive, on a social justice nonprofit scale, commensurate with skills and experience. Generous compensation package includes full medical & dental, retirement, fabulous colleagues, and a collaborative working environment. This is a full-time 2 year salaried position based in Somerville, Massachusetts, with the possibility of extension. PRA is a racial justice and equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to Jennifer Worden at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, position open until filled.