Resource Development Officer (bilingual)
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Toronto or Montreal, Canada
Organization: Crossroads International // Carrefour International
Are you a seasoned proposal writer with passion for global development?
Crossroads International is seeking an experienced fundraiser and grant proposal writer to join our External Relations team.
You have a strong record of success in establishing and nurturing supportive philanthropic partnerships. You’re a seasoned and persuasive writer in English and French with a strong track record of raising funds from foundations and corporations. You are an organized self-starter with exacting attention to detail and demonstrated success in prospect research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
A tech savvy professional, you bring strong program planning, budgeting, analytical and administrative skills.
- Initiate and coordinate foundation giving program including researching prospects, relationship building with current and new prospects, cultivation, proposal writing and reporting, and stewardship
- Initiate and coordinate corporate giving program including researching prospects, relationship building with current and new prospects, cultivation, proposal writing and reporting, and stewardship to secure new strategic partnerships, sponsorship and employee giving opportunities
- Research and write donor marketing and stewardship materials including presentations, profiles, articles, acknowledgement letters and web copy
- Performs other duties as assigned
Core competencies and skills:
- Post-secondary degree (BA) or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience in proposal writing relevant to this position with proven success in securing grants
- Demonstrated success in identifying and securing new philanthropic partnerships
- Experience in foundation and corporate prospect research and donor stewardship
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience in reviewing, editing and synthesizing field reports, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, articulating results and producing high quality donor reports
- Experience designing project budgets and financial reporting
- Superb written and oral communication skills in French and English (verbal and written fluency required)
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent project management and organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and a member of a team in a fast-paced multicultural team environment
- Respect high level of confidentiality
- Experience in international development is a strong asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, and experience with relational databases is an asset (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
Position Type: Full time permanent
Salary: Target Hiring Rate $59,267 -$63,163
Salary Scale $59, 267 - $69,066
Location: Toronto or Montreal
Conditions: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one Word or .pdf document by 9:00 am, August 10, 2020 by e-mail to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. Applications must include “Resource Development Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will occur on an ongoing basis and may be held before the closing date.