Deadline: Until filled
Organization: Equity Forward
Equity Forward, a project of the Hopewell Fund, is looking for a Research Associate to conduct political and opposition style research on reproductive health issues. The ideal candidate will have a background in political research and a commitment to protecting reproductive rights.
The Research Associate will be an integral member of the project’s core team. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically, incredible attention to detail, and strong organizational skills. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are also essential.
This position is remote and can be performed from any location in the United States but requires adherence to East Coast work hours. The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $75,000, commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conducting public records research including FOIA/RTK/Sunshine requests and productions
- Reviewing received records and compiling public records reports
- Experience conducting interviews whether through political methodology or journalism
- Working with project director to generate campaign products and external facing documents such as research reports and fact sheets
- Assisting project director with research work with partner organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 2-4 years of experience in political research or related fields. This could include academic research, political advocacy, campaign, policy analysis or public policy research, and/or experience on Capitol Hill or in state government;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Smart political judgment and discerning eye;
- Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities and strict deadlines;
- Proven track record for being a self-starter;
- Attention to detail;
- Commitment to reproductive health issues
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Professional research experience in a similar position as an investigator, political advocacy researcher, campaign researcher, or government employee
- Experience analyzing financial reports and disclosures
- Knowledge of state and federal government systems
- Ability to travel periodically
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Associate Applicant” in the subject line.