Research and Publications Programme Officer
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Organization: Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting WOMEN ONLY from Asia and the Pacific countries (specifically from the following sub-regions of East, Southeast, South and Central Asia and the Pacific) with relevant experience and skills to apply for Officer position for Research and Publications team.
APWLD believes in the importance of knowledge and tools – owned and produced by women – to strengthen our feminist movements and generate structural change. In order to facilitate data, evidence and analysis grounded in the realities of grassroots women and their communities in the region, APWLD uses Feminist Participatory Action Research as a political research method. Our Research and Publication team contributes to co-creating feminist analysis and perspectives based on APWLD’s FPAR work and other programmatic research priorities to influence policy decisions and its implementation.
The successful applicant will work with our committed Secretariat, membership and broader social and peoples’ movements to advance women’s human rights, strengthen women’s organising power and support evidence-based advocacy for Feminist Development Justice.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia and the Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are from 27 countries and the Secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand with a satellite office in Penang, Malaysia.
If you are committed to supporting feminist, progressive movements through strengthening knowledge and capacity to challenge structural inequalities and advocate for feminist development justice, please apply to join our powerful team!
Selection Criteria for the Officer for the Research and Publications Team
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia and the Pacific;
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic and socio-cultural environments in the region;
- Knowledge of international human rights and development issues in Asia and the Pacific;
- Demonstrated expertise in research and publications work grounded in the needs, realities and aspirations of women in the region;
- Experience and knowledge of (feminist) participatory methods for capacity building and action research with grassroots organisations and their communities;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development work and women’s rights at the national, regional or international level;
- A degree in social sciences; law, human rights, development or women’s studies;
- High level project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written, and demonstrated ability to write and edit for movements as well as programme reports and project proposals;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership driven network and its’ allies;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a multi-cultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders;
- Proficient ICT skills including ability to lead the development of programme content for website and social media;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Resume (that includes a track record of production of quality publications)
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- On-line Application Form (preferred); or downloadable form
- A sample of written work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and analytical skills particularly in the area of women’s human rights and/ or development at the country, sub-regional and regional levels (e.g. an article, research design and publication, statements).
On-line application is preferred but should email submission be easier, please send the documents via email with the subject line “Application for Research and Publication Officer” to Marion Cabrera at email@example.com by no later than Friday, 31 January 2020, 6 P.M. (GMT+7) Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process which will include interviews and testing.