Research and Documentation Officer
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Organization: Women’s Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC)
The Research and Documentation Officer will coordinate the organisation’s research, writing and publications work. This includes providing research input for the analysis required to develop, implement, review and evaluate new and existing programmes and activities; leading research into pertinent and cutting-edge exploration of gender and technology related issues; and documenting W.TEC’s programmes in a variety of formats.
- Work with Communications Officer to stay abreast of the latest technology news and policy, especially in relation to women and girls and compile written news briefs for organisation.
- Provide information on what research is already available with respect to technology and women.
- Prepare gender and technology factsheets to support our advocacy efforts.
- Track and document all relevant gender and technology policies and related news (with focus on the Nigerian context)
- Write gender and technology related policy briefings for dissemination to relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with all Programmes staff to get up to date information about W.TEC programme activities and achievements.
- Keep, collate and maintain detailed records of all organisation’s activities (including, but not limited to, programme reports, programme evaluations, feedback and testimonials from alumni and other relevant stakeholders, trainings attended by staff).
- Write about programmes, benefits and impact for internal records and external publication in variety of formats (including but not limited to programme reports, annual report, half-yearly report, articles for wide dissemination, blog posts, impact stories, case studies, multimedia testimonials, videos, infographics).
d.) Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Develop appropriate evaluation instruments to monitor and assess impact and benefit of organisation’s activities (such as pre and post tests, surveys, interviews)
- Administer evaluation instruments before, during and after programme
e.) Support Fund-Raising:
- Support Programme Managers through research and analysis of individuals and corporate entities for partnership/sponsorship potential and propensity to donate in order to establish priorities and strategies for the successful solicitation of donors.
- Prepare detailed and up-to-date research briefings on prospects and/or groups of prospects for development staff and administrators, in advance of calls and events in order to obtain optimal outcomes.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s university degree or equivalent (a Master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- Have at least 2 years of directly related experience in extensive investigative and research work
Main Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in research methods, using online sources, print directories and other sources. Show initiative in identifying new sources of information, as they become necessary and/or available.
- Possess a good understanding of gender theories and applying gender analysis to programmes development, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Resourceful and independent, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment.
How to apply:
Please send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Application: Research and Documentation Officer.”