Research Analyst, Gender & Reproductive Rights & Justice
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Organization: Political Research Associates
Who You Are: Research Analyst
You are a talented researcher, analyst, and writer. Driven and committed to social justice, big ideas and even bigger challenges excite you. You recognize that in this moment of crisis, social justice advocates will have to make significant adjustments to refashion ourselves as an effective resistance movement capable of robust defense of rights and liberty—with emphasis on those threatened by racism, xenophobia, and gender & sexual violence. You also see that we need a forward, welcoming stance that looks outward to the millions of people not yet part of our networks who are alarmed and fearful of what they see happening in our country and will join with us if we create appropriate opportunities for them. The idea of helping build such a movement is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
PRA is currently seeking a Research Analyst for our program on Gender and Reproductive Justice. This role will contribute to work focusing on the Religious and Secular Right’s strategies and discourses to curtail gender and reproductive health and rights, strengthen the building of an intersectional agenda to advance gender and reproductive health, rights, and justice, and build links to other social movements. Reporting to the Research Director and working with the Senior Research Analyst you will be contributing to research and educational efforts that are actionable for advocates and allies and that respond to the demands of the current moment: that we address.
The Research Analyst key responsibilities include:
· Contribute to annual programmatic goals and priorities for the Gender and Reproductive Justice program and contribute to program team goals and priorities.
· Contribute to expanding our knowledge of the Right’s, and particularly the Christian Right’s, strategies to limit reproductive justice, rights and access and impose gender conformity/uniformity, to understand intersections with the economic Right, and to support the building of an intersectional resistance agenda.
· Regular writing, including analyses, profiles, and activity updates of these anti-reproductive rights entities for publication, as well as educational materials tailored to various audiences and social justice constituencies.
· Contributing to our blog and web resources.
· Develop and maintain ongoing productive relationships with organizing and advocacy groups in order to improve the quality and impact of both our and their work.
· Keep research team and development and communications staff informed of and conversant in your areas of research.
· As appropriate, and with support of Research Director, identify opportunities for collaboration with staff and outside researchers/writers.
· Contribute to PRA’s media and communications strategy in the area of gender and reproductive justice.
· Assist organizing and advocacy partners with written and oral briefings, action research, and communications support.
· Support the development function by contributing to proposals, briefing funders, and reporting on program outcomes and impact.
· Participate in organizational development and administrative projects as needed and assigned.
Commitment to the vision and mission of PRA; experience researching and writing on the U.S. Right, the Christian Right, and Gender and Reproductive Justice; familiarity with social justice movements and organizing and advocacy groups in the gender and reproduction health, rights, and justice sectors; excellent research and analytical skills; good writing, editing, and proofreading skills; excellent time management and attention to deadlines; critical and creative thinking; ability to speak publicly and present complex ideas interactively; ability to work both independently and as part of a team; ability to support and contribute to all areas of the organization’s research program; and willingness to learn new skills.
Salary is competitive, on a social justice nonprofit scale, commensurate with skills and experience. Generous compensation package includes full medical & dental, retirement, fabulous colleagues, and a collaborative working environment. This is a full-time 2 year salaried position based in Somerville, Massachusetts, with the possibility of extension. PRA is a racial justice and equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and references to Jennifer Worden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for a guaranteed review of your application is Dec. 20, 2018.