Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, USA
Organization: Global Health Corps
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage successful fellow recruitment efforts to build the next generation of health leaders by:
- Working with the Director of Partnerships and Country Teams to understand ongoing talent needs in the global health field and building a recruitment pipeline strategy in response.
- Developing global recruitment priorities and collaborating with Country Teams to design national recruitment strategies in the Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia.
- Managing recruitment budgets in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia.
- Managing workflow across departments and continents to ensure execution of recruitment tactics such as social media, media, events, paid posting, and GHC fellow and alumni engagement during open application period (November-January).
- Planning and coordinating select events in the US that align with recruitment priorities and which strengthen GHC’s visibility and build engagement among priority audiences.
- Serving as key resource and motivator for the GHC community of 800+ in their efforts to recruit GHC’s next class of fellows.
- Serving as the primary relationship manager and external-facing representative of GHC for universities, professional associations, and other key recruitment partners in the US.
- Collaborating with Program and Operations Team members on recruitment data analysis in order to answer key strategic questions and to support continual refinement of the recruitment-selection process year round.
- Working proactively to build partnerships, engagement, and visibility of GHC’s leadership model and network.
- Contribute to the success and growth of the Communications and Advocacy Team by:
- Providing guidance and support on project management tools and tracking systems.
- Collaborating with Impact and Learning Manager to understand impact of fellow and alumni leadership voices on health equity.
- Managing content updates to GHCorps.org and owning web developer contract relationship.
- Collaborate and assist on a range of other strategic and coordination tasks as needed throughout the year.
- Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of the global health field, including key players, issues, and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distill complex issues into compelling messages for a range of audiences
- High level of professionalism with comfort taking initiative to build and steward external partner relationships
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to execute under time constraints
- Expertise in project management with the ability to translate big picture strategic priorities into project plans
- Exceptional reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills sparked by intellectual curiosity
- Experience working with Wordpress CMS
- Fluency in Excel (including comfort with pivot tables and VLOOKUP), PowerPoint and Word
- Tech savviness and interest in new technologies, particularly to optimize existing systems and processes
- Enjoys taking direction and leading in a team environment; previous experience managing, coaching, or developing others is a plus
- Strong interpersonal acumen and ability to anticipate and address supervisor and staff needs
- Globally-minded, with experience and enthusiasm for working across cultures
- Passion for leadership development, social justice, and mentorship
- Built for a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds and deadlines
How to apply: