Project Manager (Indonesia)
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Organization: JASS Southeast Asia
JASS Southeast Asia is the regional anchor and network of JASS, an international women’s rights organization dedicated to strengthening the voice, visibility and collective power of women for justice. We are looking for an experienced Indonesian Project Manager to facilitate and accompany a 5-year bilateral grant and program supporting grassroots women’s organizing across Indonesia. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and strategically minded social justice advocate looking to apply their experience and skills to advancing women’s rights in Indonesia.
The ideal candidate would combine experience working with diverse networks and women’s rights/justice alliances, knowledge about Indonesia’s political dynamics, feminism, women’s rights, and women’s movements. Excellent communication skills and fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and in English is required.
Skills and Qualities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a project coordinator/manager for an international and/or regional social justice NGO including experience with monitoring project budgets
- Demonstrated capacity in writing reports to donors; experience in monitoring and evaluation and distilling project impact
- Experience building and sustaining a range of political and strategic partnerships and relationships – with donors, allied organizations, grassroots networks and activists
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and coordinate others around deadlines with attention to detail and high quality project outcome deliverables.
- Proven ability to operate as part of a very collaborative regional and virtual team where prompt and responsive e-mail and phone/Skype communication is paramount, as principles of mutual accountability and respect
- Feminist analysis of the context related to women’s rights and broader social justice issues in Indonesia and at the regional level
- Experience with and commitment to grassroots organizing, movement-building and women’s rights
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
- A sense of humor!
Roles & Responsibilities
Supervised by the JASS Southeast Asia Co-Directors, and working closely with the JASS Southeast Asia team and members of the JASS global team, the Project Manager will:
- Coordinate the implementation of the project plan, including strategy, coordination with project partners, monitoring and evaluation framework and tracking, and reporting.
- Support and coordinate the planning and implementation of trainings, workshops, and other meetings related to the project including agenda design, communication with partners and overseeing logistics
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with allies and partners in this project and identify and cultivate additional relationships that strengthen the project’s strategy and goals
- Manage the project budget and financial reporting
- Support further resource mobilization including outreach and relationships with donors and the development of funding proposals
- Monitor relevant news, political dynamics and issues in Indonesia and produce a monthly update/report on the relevant contextual issues to the project
- Perform any other job-related duties as required
How to apply:
Please send a CV, cover letter, and writing sample (preferably a donor proposal) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.