Project Associate - Feminist Content Writing and Network Building for Bot Populi
Location: Bengaluru, India
Organization: IT for Change
We are looking to recruit a researcher/writer and connector who can build out a space for powerful feminist discourse to contribute to Bot Populi’s new track, the Feminist Observatory of the Digital. The Feminist Observatory is devoted to examining the complex relationship between feminist struggles and the digitally-mediated world, while being attentive to the realities of the global South.
Bot Populi is an alternative online media platform dedicated to looking at all things digital from a social justice and global South perspective. We cover and report on the ways in which the digital world affects different aspects of our lives in obvious and unexpected ways. Check out our work on our website (https://botpopuli.net/)
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about gender and digital justice, with demonstrated experience in research, writing, outreach, networking, training and pedagogy and working with many different actors (students, communities, policymakers and more).
The incoming member will support the Bot Populi team in:
- Commissioning and curating content, reaching out to potential contributors, identifying new contributors and developing a database of writers and content creators for the Feminist Observatory track
- Producing well-researched articles, short media pieces, blogs, and other written outputs from the ongoing multi-country research initiatives of IT for Change, exploring digital debates from a feminist lens
- Convening outreach programs such as meet-ups and seminars with local researchers, scholar-practitioners and civil society activists
- Providing event organization support, and other normal organizational project support for feminist content creation and dissemination on social media
How to apply:
To apply, please send the following documents (in word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2020:
- Brief CV with relevant academic and professional information;
- Two samples of academic/professional (published) writing