Organization: The Women’s Earth and Climate Action Network (WECAN)
The Women’s Earth and Climate Action Network (WECAN) International is seeking a part-time Programs Coordinator to join a dynamic team of global women working for climate justice, systemic change and women’s leadership in climate change solutions. The Programs Coordinator will work remotely, under the guidance of WECAN International’s Executive Director, to contribute to event, campaign and program management; volunteer coordination; and varied support of WECAN Internationals global projects and efforts to support women for climate justice through media and storytelling, international policy forums, on-the-ground projects, advocacy campaigns, direct action, and much more.
- Research, planning, management and administrative support for varied WECAN programs, campaigns, and projects.
- Coordination of the Women Speak research database, including:
- Managing the global volunteer research/writing team.
- Overseeing and contributing to the final content writing, editing and data management process.
- Outreach to introduce Women Speak to global organizations, universities and other institutions.
- Support for WECAN event planning and volunteer management.
- Support for WECAN partner and network outreach and relationship building (in collaboration with WECAN Communications Coordinator, as needed).
- Support for communications regarding campaigns and programs including media and story-telling (in collaboration with WECAN Communications Coordinator, as needed).
- Other flexible collaboration with WECAN’s Executive Director and Communications Coordinator.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous work experience with an environmental/climate justice, women’s, human rights or other social justice focused non-profit or NGO organization.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- Superb writing and editing skills, and an enjoyment and ease in quick turn around with writing efforts.
- Developed background in the current climate justice/environmental landscape.
- Significant knowledge and experience with at least some of the topics and campaigns central to WECAN’s work, including: environmental and climate justice, women’s rights, rights of nature, Indigenous rights, environmental racism, fossil fuel resistance, forest protection, just transition and divestment, and grassroots movement building.
- Willingness to dedicate personal time to expanding understanding of critical climate justice themes and the WECAN frameworks and focus areas.
- Enjoyment of working with others and ease with working collaboratively
- Communications background.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Women of color and women of diverse life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- This is a part-time position, requiring 15 hours per week (flexible weekly schedule). For special events, weekly hours may be extended to 20 hours per week.
- This is a remote position which will be carried out from the Coordinators home location.
- The candidate will need to be located in a time zone conducive to co-working with US Pacific Time.
- Compensation, to be discussed.
- Start date is flexible, but ideally as soon as possible in April.
- Employees are expected to have their own reliable computer and internet access.
- The Programs Coordinator will be expected to commit a minimum of 1 year to this position, however the ideal candidate is interesting in engaging in the long-term with WECAN International.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and reference contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org