Programme Manager / Assistant Programme Manager (Voluntary Position)
Organization: The Women in International Affairs Network (WIAN)
We are looking for either a Programme Manager or Assistant Programme Manager (depending on the successful candidate’s level of experience) with passion, experience and skills to join our team. The primary responsibility of the Programme Manager / Assistant Programme Manager is to support the management of our flagship mentorship programme including the implementation and evaluation of the programme, managing customer interactions on the CRM system, extracting customer intelligence and ensuring these are embedded in the lessons learned and KPI’s of the programme. WIAN is made up of 3 teams, Operations, Programmes and Communications.
The successful candidate will assist with the end-to-end cycle delivery of WIAN’s programmes; oversee the monitoring, reviewing and evaluation process and initiate strategies to improve the effectiveness of WIAN’s programmes and maximize our social impact. You will combine excellent organizational and management skills with expertise in M&E and a clear vision to lead in the delivery of WIAN’s programmes.
The role may also include line managing responsibilities and setting projects and tasks to members within this team to ensure the efficient running and administration of WIAN’s programmes. Working closely with the CEO, COO and across teams, you will become an essential part of the team in building and executing comprehensive multi-level plans of engagement with our target market and initiating strategies for improvement.
Key priorities for the next 12 months:
- Successfully managing the delivery of the 2020 Mentorship Scheme including monitoring and evaluation throughout the programme and organising events for programme participants
- Managing the customers on our CRM system, initiating marketing campaigns, and extracting customer intelligence to improve the mentorship scheme
- Impact measurement of the programme and disseminating the value of the programme to external stakeholders
- Assisting the wider team in data collection strategies and M&E
- Strategizing to help expand and scale the scheme and improve on programme delivery
- Manage and coordinate WIAN’s flagship mentoring programme, ensuring successful end-to end cycle delivery including monitoring, reviewing and evaluation to support the programme’s effectiveness and maximize our social impact.
- Ensure that all WIAN’s programmes have a robust monitoring, reviewing and evaluation process; creating data collection strategies (including survey design) and exploring new opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Document results of the M&E system and produce periodic reports and impact case studies of programme participants.
- Assist and advise the various teams in data collection and analysis and training staff in data collection methodology and in the M&E system in general.
- Initiating strategies to scale the mentorship programme in support of WIAN’s mandate to alleviate gender inequality and empower female students, graduates and early career professionals around the world to successfully navigate a career in international affairs.
- Line management of the any new volunteers within the programmes team, including setting them tasks and completing their tri-annual appraisals on time and to quality.
- Ensure regular contact with all mentoring scheme participants, logging all interactions and investigating any complaints from either mentee or mentor.
- Identify external partners and programme participants and building relationships with other relevant organisations to scale the mentorship programme and the impact of the scheme.
- Managing all communications to participants on the mentorship scheme including the creation of monthly newsletters.
- Work with the Communications Team to ensure adequate advertisement and promotion of WIAN’s programmes across our online platforms and social media, as well as with external media and digital platforms.
- Provide regular reports, briefing and updates to senior management, as well as attend regular team meetings and Senior Leadership Team meetings via Skype or in person.
- Remain the point of contact for members with questions about the mentoring schemes, ensuring appropriate management of the programme inbox and respond to inquiries we receive via this inbox.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a CV and one page covering letter to us via email at: email@example.com, with your name and [“Programme Manager/Assistant Programme Manager”] in the subject line.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply at 11:59pm BST on July 10th, 2020. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we will not be able to respond personally to applicants who are not short-listed. If you have not heard from us within four weeks from the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunities employer, and welcome applications from both men and women. We look forward to receiving your application. Women in International Affairs Network.