Program Officer - International Gender, Racial and Ethnic Justice
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York City, NY, USA
Organization: Ford Foundation
Ford’s new International GREJ Program will specifically focus on a Global South intersectional feminist perspective to addressing violence against women and girls in innovative ways that serve to empower women and girls as agents of change (not victims).
This new Program Officer will develop and manage a grant portfolio and related activities—with a particular focus on the Global South; and serve as a thought leader leveraging partnerships on issues related to violence against women and girls within various public and private settings.
The ideal candidate:
- has at least 10 years of Global South experience working in the women’s rights, violence against women and girls, and/or social justice philanthropy space
- has extensive networks and demonstrated Global South feminist perspective on women and girls’ power
- is a highly respected thought leader on intersectional feminist analysis on women’s rights issues (with an excellent understanding of tensions/debates within the feminist movement in relation to race, class, sexual orientation and gender)
- has the ability to navigate U.S. and global South feminist movements and women’s right stakeholders.
- proven experience devising, monitoring and leading impact driven-strategies
- exceptional communications skills
- abilities as supportive team player
- MA or equivalent experience in a relevant field of study.
How to apply: