Location: Washington, DC
Organization: The SAGE Fund
The Program Officer will work closely with the SAGE Fund Director and Program Associate (both based in Baltimore, Maryland USA) to develop and manage SAGE’s grantmaking program, including identifying and vetting potential grantees and global economy approaches poised for greater development. Under the guidance of the Director, the Program Officer will analyze opportunities that emerge from the field and participate in developing new thematic areas of focus for the grantmaking program. The work of the Program Officer will consist of building and maintaining close relationships with grantee organizations, conducting ongoing outreach to identify new groups and ideas in the human rights field, soliciting and reviewing proposals, conducting due diligence of potential grantees and recommending and evaluating grants. Additional responsibilities include developing new funding strategies; implementing grantmaking best practices; providing ongoing support and technical assistance to current projects; providing input and support for organizational development, among other activities.
Grantmaking and Grant Management
• Identify and vet strong proposals and key opportunities (through RFP, ongoing outreach or other means), evaluate concept notes, and work with the Program Director to develop thematic grant areas within the human rights and global economy field, including women’s economic justice amongst other areas.
• Develop collaborative exchange with potential grantees, identifying ways to strengthen proposed projects and support their successful development.
• Evaluate grant proposals, conduct due diligence, develop strategy and background memos, and prepare written grant recommendations.
• Through meetings, site visits, phone conversations and correspondence, cultivate connections to prospective grantees and maintain deep relationships with current grantees and colleagues in the field.
• Develop evaluative systems to ensure grantees are meeting goals.
• Lead site visits, meetings with grantees and organizations, and serve as grantees’ primary point of contact with the SAGE Fund.
Strategy Development and Thought Leadership
• Under the guidance of the Director, develop grantmaking priorities, themes and projects, proactively researching emerging issues and opportunities.
• Monitor issues, strategies, and funding in the field through literature reviews, research, and relevant conferences or meetings; build collaborative relationships and engage as a thought leader with donors, academics and NGOs working to advance human rights.
Core Team Engagement
• Attend and co-plan team meetings, field convenings, Advisory Board meetings, etc. as a core member of the SAGE team.
• Work collaboratively to identify and assess opportunities to build the Fund’s programming, strengthen its impact, and further develop its organizational infrastructure and staffing.
• As needed or requested, represent the work of SAGE to external audiences, including at conferences, funder meetings, webinars, and other venues.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out the application form (https://forms.gle/3zDp9HmtLALbkn8ZA) and send a cover letter and resume (CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject line of your email: Last Name, First Name_SAGEFund_PO