Program/ Development Manager
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, USA
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Program/ Development Manager is responsible for managing and growing MADRE’s institutional fundraising efforts, supervising the Program/Development Coordinator, and developing and leading strategies designed to achieve revenue targets during a time of organizational growth. The Program/Development Manager will serve as a primary grant writer and liaison between MADRE’s Development team and Programs teams in order synthesize programmatic developments and compile, analyze and report on MADRE’s impact to funders. He/she will develop compelling proposals and reports for impact using a logical framework, identify viable prospects, and steward and solicit a portfolio of institutional funders and prospects.
Primary roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Help build the departmental plan for managing and growing relationships with foundations and institutional funders to achieve ambitious annual revenue targets.
● Manage the proposal and reporting process of institutional donors, which includes developing and writing compelling concept papers, grant proposals and requests for foundation and institutional funding.
● Establish relationships and manage a portfolio of current and potential institutional funders, which includes correspondence, phone calls, meetings, cultivation and solicitation.
● Work with MADRE Programs staff to analyze and capture MADRE's impact for funders.
● Develop strong M&E language within proposals and reports.
● Provide dedicated supervision to MADRE’s Program/Development Coordinator.
● Identify and research foundation and government funders and prospects.
● Work with Finance team to ensure that all reports for foundation and government funders are drafted and submitted on time.
● Understand MADRE’s mission, programs and goals to effectively research, monitor and identify new potential sources of funding.
● Minimum of 5 years of development/ fundraising experience.
● Excellent written communication skills.
● Proven track record of writing successful, high quality grant proposals for foundations and institutional funders.
● Creative, strategic thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas.
● Ability to conceptualize and describe organizational needs in accessible, persuasive and inspiring ways.
● Ability to interpret, analyze and represent complex human rights issues in funder-accessible language.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles, and at different levels of seniority.
● Supervisory experience.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher.
● M& E Background a plus.
● Passionate about MADRE’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results.
People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.