Program Coordinator, Technical Leadership and Support Team
Location: Washington DC, USA
Organization: Project Concern International
The Program Coordinator is based in PCI’s Washington, DC office and will support PCI’s Technical Leadership and Support Team (TLST). The TLST portfolio includes PCI’s four technical areas: Health; Food, Nutrition and Livelihoods Security (FNLS); Humanitarian Assistance and Resilience (HARU); and Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and Girls. This position will specifically support the HARU and FNLS teams.
The Coordinator supports tasks, as assigned, for HARU and FNLS in the areas of coordination and communication, administrative and logistical support, program and technical quality, and program development. S/he will manage these tasks and balance them against changing needs and priorities. The Coordinator will support HARU and FNLS to ensure timely and effective coordination and communication within the TLST team based in Washington, DC. S/he will support donor reporting processes; draft technical briefs and capacity statements; edit programmatic materials; track progress against the TLST annual Shared Learning Plans and communicate delays/issues with TLST members and the VP for Technical Leadership. Applicants should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and pro-active.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Internal Coordination & Communication (approximately 40% LOE)
- Prepare and support regular, timely communication among TLST including TLST Core and TLST Plus meetings;
- Participate in team meetings and facilitate sharing of information between and among technical teams; track action items for follow up and completion, as needed;
- Gather quarterly updates from team members and field teams and consolidate for board report (with support from technical leads); and
- Coordinate writing of monthly unit updates and humanitarian emergency alerts (as needed), and publish final, clean versions for all-staff.
Administrative and Logistical Support (approximately 35% LOE)
- Support meeting administration and logistics including for external meetings; note take and report out at PCI as needed;
- Assist with the development of consultant contracts & payments in accordance with the PCI Procurement Manual;
- Act as the TLST Concur Travel Champion (arranging travel, troubleshooting expense reports, etc.) for HARU and FNLS and others as needed;
- Act as the TLST Procurement Champion (drafting contracts, executing procurements, processing invoices, etc.) for HARU and FNLS and others as needed; and
- Manage PCI’s Atlas SharePoint FNLS, HARU sites by updating information/documents, participating in Atlas meetings, and educating and troubleshooting as the TLST Atlas Captain.
Support to Program and Technical Quality (approximately 25% LOE)
- Support HARU and FNLS Project Support Team meetings with HQ and field teams;
- Coordinate timely completion and submission of donor reports;
- Support development of state-of-the-art resources (technical, material, institutional and individual) for use in PCI’s programs (in close partnership with technical directors and advisors);
- Track the annual TLST Shared Learning Plans for HARU and FNLS to ensure they are implemented and that resource materials are available across the organization;
- Link the products from the HARU and FNLS Shared Learning Plan to PCI’s Marketing and Communication Team to ensure their appropriate dissemination;
- Assist with developing, writing, editing, and formatting marketing materials such as capacity statements, technical briefs, case studies, and conference abstracts; and
- Other duties as assigned including Office Assistant support when that position needs coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Three to four years of relevant professional experience;
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, including proactiveness and follow through;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, including technical writing skills and ability to effectively communicate across teams;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, comfortably and on time;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Spanish or French welcomed;
- Computer literacy required; familiarity with all MS applications and spread sheet software required; statistical analysis ability a plus;
- Commitment to the mission and values of PCI.
How to apply: