Program Associate, US Southeast
Location: New York, NY, USA
Organization: Foundation for a Just Society
The program associate for the US Southeast works with grantee partners, and provides administrative and language support and regional knowledge to the US Southeast program officer. The program associate plays an essential role in supporting the implementation of the regional grantmaking strategy and manages the flow of information with grantee partners in the region.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strategic thinker, analytical, highly adaptive, technologically savvy, an independent problem solver, meticulous, collegial, and thrives in a dynamic environment. They have a working knowledge of women’s rights and LGBTQI movements in the US Southeast. This position requires domestic travel, and is based in New York.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a point of contact and information resource for grantee partners.
- Assist the US Southeast program officer with solicitations for proposals, including gathering additional information from grantee partners.
- Review proposals, reports, and related documents submitted by grantees for accuracy and adherence to appropriate protocols.
- Assist with grants monitoring and ensure that grantee partners submit required documentation on a timely basis.
- Update and maintain the accuracy of grantmaking information including by logging and tracking information in the grants database.
- Contribute to the analysis of progress and final reports from grantee partners as required.
- Help identify grantee partner needs and provide support, as needed, to the US Southeast program officer in the grantee partner support process.
- Translate and/or coordinate the translation of proposals and program related materials, as needed.
- Contribute to the development of grantmaking strategies and portfolio maintenance.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in gender justice, women’s rights and LGBTQI rights in respective region through research, site visits, and attendance at conferences.
- Demonstrated commitment to the foundation’s vision and mission, and deep alignment with its values.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field (gender studies, anthropology, sociology or international development).
- At least three years of experience in program roles within human rights and social justice nonprofit or philanthropic sectors; proven track record in executing the responsibilities of this position.
- Familiarity with gender justice; women’s, girls’ and LGBTQI rights; and trends in the US Southeast.
- Bilingual fluency in oral and written Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a small team-oriented environment while also carrying out responsibilities with considerable independence.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
How to apply:
Email a concise cover letter explaining why this role would be a great fit for you, two relevant writing samples (no more than four pages each), and your resume in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2019.
Please include “Program Associate US Southeast–YOUR NAME” in the subject line. All applications must be received via email. No phone inquiries please.