Partnership Advisor - Impact Investing
Location: Makati City, Philippines
Organization: Abt Associates - Investing in Women
The Partnership Advisor will support the implementation and refinement of a well-targeted Investment Plan (2019 – 2023), specifically around investor engagement and working with industry champions to build the business case for impact investors to take an intentional gender lens.
- Provide technical inputs to the industry partnerships, including performance incentives and clear vision for results.
- Lead appropriate due diligence assessments of new partners and monitor investment compliance, performance, and impact.
- Manage a portfolio of industry partnerships (global, regional, and Australia), including
o Inputs into grant contracting and due diligence;
o Regular monitoring of partnership performance, such as periodic site visits, teleconferences with grantees, and data collection for IW reporting;
o Risk mitigation to identify and address performance issues, corruption, mismanagement, and other misuse of funds.
o Contracts compliance and performance reporting across designated portfolio;
o Appropriate record-keeping of portfolio documents, in close coordination with the IW Contracts team; and
o Development of communication materials, videos, and collaterals on the designated portfolio.
- Provide regular updates to IW Senior Management on portfolio performance.
- Contribute to learnings and evolving evidence base, in close coordination with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Unit.
- Create and support opportunities for DFAT public diplomacy and events, including
o Drafting of DFAT options paper, briefing memos, and press releases; and
o Coordination of events management and logistics within IW and the Strategic Implementation Unit.
- Oversee development and implementation of the investor engagement strategy to move more Asian capital into impact investing and gender lens investing for the Target Countries.
- Support the refinement of the business case for impact investors to take an intentional gender lens.
- Actively promote IW's agenda at related industry forums and conferences.
- Oversee the IW communication strategy in promoting the business case for investing in women, particularly to crowd in more Impact Investments for women’s SMEs in South East Asia.
IW Program Coordination
- Provide technical inputs on MEL findings to help build the business case for investments in women’s SMEs.
- Contribute to inputs for IW reporting (including Annual Plans), MEL reviews, and related communications material, such as brochures, website content, and social media outlets.
- Submit travel reports and claims for reimbursements in a timely manner.
How to apply: