Deadline: Until filled
Location: Remote, with a preference for candidates based in New York City
Organization: WomenStrong International
WOMENSTRONG INTERNATIONAL finds, funds, nurtures, and shares women-driven solutions that will transform lives in urban communities. Our member organizations start by listening to women, who know best what they need in order to thrive. Then we bring our members together with other women’s organizations into a Learning Lab, to develop, test, sharpen, and share their solutions. Through our collective learning and sharing, WomenStrong is building a global community of organizations empowering urban women and girls to leave poverty behind. For more information about WomenStrong, please visit www.womenstrong.org.
The Operations Manager will oversee WomenStrong’s overall Financial, IT, Human Resources, and Operations management in close collaboration with the Executive Director, advisors, and outsourced vendors.
- Direct the annual budgeting and planning process in close coordination with the Executive Director.
- Oversee quarterly assessments and forecasts of WomenStrong’s financial performance against budget, financial, and operational goals and monitor cash flow.
- Manage budget readjustments to take into account changes in the operating environment.
- Manage day-to-day processing of accounts receivable and payable and process international wire transfers for grant allocations.
- Support the year-end closure budget process in close coordination with the Executive Director (and tax and legal advisors).
- Reconcile monthly activity and ensure timely submission of financial reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Manage the donation process.
- Compile financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the main liaison for the annual external audit process.
- Coordinate the IRS 990 filings with the accountants.
- Serve as primary point person for the coordination of travel and staff reimbursements.
General Operations Management
- Develop operational policies and procedures for the central administration of WomenStrong, to streamline operations.
- Ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's financial and procedural functions.
- Oversee organizational purchasing needs by managing service provider agreements and vendor sourcing in compliance with US law and regulations.
- Manage external vendor and consultant relationships, including contract development, review, and administration.
- Provide oversight management for project assets to ensure proper transfer, disposal, and change of ownership of assets during a project life cycle.
- Oversee the coordination of Board of Directors meetings, including correspondence, material preparations, Board minutes, etc.
- Serve as the main liaison for the Board Finance Committee.
- Coordinate and implement audit recommendations.
- Assist with the coordination of events and provide logistical support to programmatic staff, as needed.
- Provide logistical support to Learning Lab members and other grantees or partners, as needed.
- Maintain archival and administrative files.
- Create and maintain internal procedures manual.
- Support the Executive Director and senior staff in day-to-day communications, administration, and other areas as needed.
Human Resources Management
- In close coordination with the Executive Director, manage human resources.
- Oversee policies and procedures and update when necessary.
- Oversee the recruitment process by drafting job descriptions, screening applicants, coordinating interviews, and onboarding employees.
- Manage and administrate employee benefits, including paid leave, 401k plan, and health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Coordinate the performance management process for staff, inclusive of introductory period reviews and annual reviews.
- Ensure that personnel files are properly maintained and kept confidential.
- Serve as main liaison for the outsourced IT firm.
- Support, manage, and administrate all IT functions in a remote working environment.
- With the support of the outsourced IT firm, provide technical support to staff.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable finance and administration experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in budgeting.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures, as well as financial data management and reporting systems.
- Strong skills in analyzing, researching, and synthesizing data for preparing sound and relevant reports.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices.
- Experience analyzing existing processes, identifying areas for process improvement, then translating into cohesive procedures.
- Experienced in human resource management across multiple states, preferably in a remote working environment.
- Experienced in IT management, preferably in a remote working environment.
- Experienced in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors, preferably in organizations with international partners and/or programs.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects accurately and within deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, sound judgment, and decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
How to apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter detailing your interest and skills as they relate to the position, along with your resume, to email@example.com