Location: Washington, DC, USA
Organization: Our Secure Future
For more than a decade, One Earth Future (OEF) has worked to solve complex problems at the root of armed conflict. Through its unique culture of iterative learning and improvement, OEF designs, tests, and partners to scale programs that help communities see problems in new ways and solve them collectively. With its headquarters in Colorado and offices around the world, OEF operates as a portfolio of peacebuilding programs, each with its own director, strategy, and budget. What holds them together is a common purpose: to provide an impartial platform for diverse stakeholders to form adaptive problem-solving networks for peace. At the foundation level, OEF provides the financial, strategic, and operational support needed to iteratively develop solutions to complex problems that could not have been designed in advance.
Our Secure Future: Women Make the Difference (OSF) is a new program at OEF. The OSF mission is to strengthen the Women, Peace and Security movement for more effective policy decision-making to create a more peaceful world. We envision a more just and peaceful future transformed by women’s full participation. More information can be found at www.oursecurefuture.org or follow us on Twitter @oursecurefuture.
The Office Coordinator organizes and coordinates office administration and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Coordinator is responsible for developing intra- and inter-office protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, and managing events. The Office Coordinator will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and protocol related tasks and be able to work independently with little supervision. S/he will be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people in a diplomatic environment.
Duties include but are not limited to: managing the reception desk; assisting with on-boarding of new employees; providing IT support in conjunction with external IT consultants; planning and executing events; tracking and ordering office equipment; coordinating office repairs and maintenance; supply ordering; filing; and maintaining the office calendars. The Office Coordinator will assist the Director with day-to-day administration of the office including the recruitment process in 2020. This includes liaising with One Earth Future’s Human Resources Headquarters in Broomfield, CO to schedule Zoom meetings with potential candidates. We are looking for someone who is well organized, flexible, responsible and a self-starter. The ability to multitask in a dynamic and high energy environment while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor is vital in this position.
- Provide administrative and office support including, but not limited to:
- Managing the reception desk, including answering phones, greeting guests and visitors and managing deliveries while maintaining a tidy office.
- Liaising with Operations divisions based in the Broomfield, CO, office, such a Human Resources, Accounting, Compliance, Communications and Strategy.
- Assisting and providing back-up for Accounts Payable, general accounting, data entry and reconciling credit card and other expenses;
- Ensuring office set-up, office space and facilities are operational and functional at all times including: managing conference rooms for supplies; troubleshooting equipment issues; taking initiative to assist meeting hosts in running efficient meetings;
- Photocopying, scanning and carrying out other document production needs;
- Providing support and scheduling for meetings and events, as needed;
- Receiving, distributing and preparing mail, shipping, faxes and packages in a timely manner;
- Handling maintenance requests and other concerns according to property-specific and company procedures
- Collaborating with external maintenance teams and contractors to ensure that the property and individual units are repaired and maintained to meet company standards and local laws
- Working with external vendors as needed to ensure a functional office environment (including IT, telephone, janitorial, office supplier services);
- Managing common areas and facilities of the office;
- Managing the inventory of office and kitchen supplies; ordering office supplies;
- Providing administrative assistance with new hires, employee changes, separation process, file organization & maintenance, and new employee onboarding;
- Assisting in the management and/or supervision of interns;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills a must;
- Knowledge of G Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and project management software;
- Office and Events management experience;
- Multi-tasking skills;
- At least 2-4 years of office experience, preferably in a small, fast-paced office;
- Proficient IT knowledge and experience in working with external IT providers to coordinate internal support;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Takes joy in bringing order to chaos and likes to organize and does so with a customer-service focus;
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage priorities, tasks, and relationships in a dynamic, culturally diverse environment;
- Gives a positive first impression of our organization to partners, clients and vendors;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential HR information and situations, demonstrating poise, tact and diplomacy with a positive attitude;
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance with the flexibility to accommodate demands outside of regular working hours;
- Advanced Knowledge of G Suite and MS Office products; intermediate knowledge of project management software; experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Bachelor degree preferred, some college and/or relevant work experience combined will be considered;
- Commitment to OSF’s mission and OEF’s vision, principles, and values (www.oneearthfuture.org).
How to apply: