Non executive member, Board of Director
Organization: Do It With Boldness Foundation
Do it With Boldness (DWB) is a duly registered non-profit making foundation that was founded and registered under the Societies Act (Cap 108) of the laws of Kenya since August 2018.The foundation being a volunteer organisation has since then been a member of Volunteer Involving Organisations Society (VIOs Kenya) which is an umbrella of all volunteer organisations working with a group of organisations that supports the UN resolution to promote volunteerism as a cross-cutting means of implementation towards the achievement of SDGs and any other government development Strategies.
- Reduce the incidences of sexual and Gender Based Violence and all forms of discriminations and offer psychological support to the victims.
- Protecting the reproductive health of young women and ensuring they are informed on their reproductive health rights and menstrual hygiene.
- Narrowing the gender gap in entrepreneurship and economic empowerment through soft skills and entrepreneurship training.
- Nurturing self -efficacy and promoting mental health through psychological individual and group guiding and counselling sessions.
DWB Foundation is now looking for directors specialised in policy reform,Human Rights, economic empowerment, gender development,Fundraising and Community Development , project and project risk management and impact assessment to join the board to provide effective governance oversight for this exciting new phase.
DWB Foundation Board is a representative board, as such, all aspiring candidates must have capacity and networks to work at International and grass root levels, understand community concerns and advocate for changes effectively. As a Board Member you will be expected to exercise leadership, integrity and sound judgment in directing DWB Foundation so as to achieve continuing growth and act in the best interests of the organisation. Board Members have and must accept ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of DWB Foundation, ensuring it is solvent, well-run, and delivering the outcomes for which it has been set up. Specifically, the roles of Board Members are:
- Taking a leadership role in Fundraising
- Providing governance and regulatory compliance oversight
- Delivery of stakeholder engagement and accountability oversight programs
- Project and Operations risk management oversight
- Board and CEO development and performance evaluation.
- To oversee the development, implementations, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the Movement’s strategies, plans, finances and audits
DWB Foundation is now looking for capable non-executive directors to join its board. Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrable commitment to fundraising and with a keen interest in human rights issues affecting minority and indigenous communities in Kenya,
- Possess skills and expertise in, finance, law,Gender,Human Rights and community development,
- Willing to work on a pro Bono basis – DWB Foundation is a non-profit organisation – with a willingness to serve for a non-renewable term of 2 years which may be renewed once.
How to apply:
If Interested Contact us and Apply by sending your cover letter and CV by E-Mail to Iinfo@dwibo.org and cc email@example.com In the cover letter, please tell us “why you think you are the suitable candidate for the board position, with a particular focus on fundraising skills and expertise”.
Please include your resume, references and daytime phone contact. All E-Mails will be responded to.