Organization: OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine
The main purpose of a Monitoring Officer's role is to monitor and report on any significant developments in the given area of responsibility. She/he is expected to perform the role in different duty stations according to a rotation scheme, as determined by the Mission.
Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader or Patrol Hub Leader, and direct supervision of the Deputy Team Leader, Patrol Hub Leader or Patrol Group Leader, the Monitoring Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring and reporting activities in accordance with established patrol plans and other assigned activities within the designated area of responsibility;
- As part of a team, gathering information on the general and security situation in the area of responsibility; establishing and reporting facts in response to specific incidents and reports of incidents; monitoring and reporting on issues related to human rights and fundamental freedoms, including the rights of people belonging to national minorities;
- Contributing to analytical work of the Team in her/his identified fields of expertise;
- Leading patrols or other related activities occasionally, as assigned by the leadership;
- Maintaining constructive relations with regional and local authorities, representatives of civil society and with the local population;
- Liaising and co-operating with other international organizations functioning in the respective area of responsibility;
- As necessary, serving as an intermediary/mediator to facilitate dialogue on the ground in order to reduce tensions and promote normalization of the respective situation;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
How to apply: