Manager, Programmatic Operations
Location: New York, NY, USA
Organization: International Women's Health Coalition
IWHC seeks a Manager, Programmatic Operations to support the Programs Team with grant administration and other high-level administrative support. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and the ability to work across teams. Experience with database management, finance and event planning desirable. Bilingual Spanish-English.
PRIMARY PURPOSE & FUNCTION
- Support the overall operational and administrative needs of the IWHC Programs Team.
- Support the Grantmaking Program by providing grant management support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Programmatic Administrative Support:
- Serve as administrative liaison between Programs and other teams, including Finance and Development, to ensure effective communication and information sharing.
- Manage vendor contracts, renewals, and payments.
- Provide grantmaking administration support including drafting and processing grant award letters; collecting grantee institutional information and conducting due diligence; preparing grant payments and monitoring fund transfers; and updating grantmaking budget and schedule.
- Communicate directly with IWHC grantees to ensure timely receipt of proposals, reports and other materials; oversee reminders and follow-up; and support IWHC staff visits to partners and vice versa.
- Manage grantmaking database to ensure accurate and timely tracking of grantmaking activity, reporting and budgets.
- Manage individual travel grants, including tracking reconciliation progress in coordination with Operations department and other necessary due diligence.
- Prepare grantmaking data for financial, donor, and board reports.
- Continually review and update grants management system and grantmaking processes to optimize output and workflow.
- Passion for IWHC’s feminist mission and a strong commitment to sexual and reproductive health and rights, human rights, and gender equality.
- At least five years experience providing high-level administrative support required; budgeting and grants administration experience desirable.
- Fluent written and spoken English; high proficiency (written and spoken) in Spanish, required.
- Excellent computer and administrative skills. High proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Experience with MicroEdge GIFTS and Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, with sensitivity to cultural communication differences and the ability to communicate directly and effectively with others.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, and work cooperatively, effectively and accurately under pressure.
- Willingness to work occasional long hours, including weekends, as needed.
How to apply:
Send cover letter (including ref. #PMOP), including salary requirements, and resume to: Liisa Sweet-Korpivaara @ fax 212-979-9009, or via email (in MS Word) to: email@example.com