Manager- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learnings (MEL)
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New Delhi, India
- Plays a leadership role in the organization, developing and supporting high-quality programs at national, regional and Global levels.
- In coordination with the Operations Director works closely with external advisors, stakeholders and internal program teams to review existing MEL approaches and frameworks and establish an overarching MEL framework for the Organisation.
- Ensures that the MEL framework incorporates a system-wide approach, is flexible and responsive, and builds ownership within CREA and amongst local stakeholders.
- Leads capacity development of program staff and project counterparts at all levels to enable them to participate in and lead as needed, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, and data use for programmatic decision-making.
Strategic Planning and Program Innovation
- Leads the development of project M&E strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results that also links to the organizational wide MEL framework and system.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to technical and program staff in planning and implementing MEL systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting.
- Monitors and evaluates projects, including development of project performance monitoring plans (PMP)s and coordinates regular progress reports, including reporting on indicators.
- Contributes to organizational wide program designs and innovations, keeping CREA's vision, theory of change, and strategic plan in mind, including annual workplans and reports.
Research for CREA's community based programs
- Provides oversight and work closely with research organizations and consultants on all research activities.
- Works across program teams to develop a robust program results and learning strategy for the various programs.
- Represents CREA at various forums as part of strategic engagement to increase visibility for its work.
Strategies for CREA’s Evidence and Learning Building
- In collaboration with program staff and counterparts, ensures implementation of MEL strategies and frameworks.
- In collaboration with program and financial staff, tracks M&E budgets related to project and activity budgets.
- Ensures compatibility and coordination across programs within a Learning and Evidence framework that is consistent with stakeholder and donor requirements.
- Strengthens the MEL Unit, including hiring, orienting and managing new MEL staff, building capacity of partners, and improving alignment and support to implementation partners’ M&E systems.
- Designs and oversees internal review of MEL activities (including identifying indicators and coordinating baselines, midlines and end-lines, where relevant) in order to operationalise M&E systems that are aligned to program strategy, and permit quality reporting on a global level.
- Networks with other human rights organisations that conduct evaluative studies and engages in MEL capacity building activities in order to integrate best practices and rights-based approaches into ongoing work at CREA.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- M.P.S in Applied Demography, statistics, or other related field.
- At least 10 years of experience designing M&E plans and frameworks and strong research.
- Technical and experiential knowledge of the range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation techniques, including the relationship of information systems to programs, the field, and globally.
- Experience in setting up, implementing and managing project M&E plans and systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of logical frameworks, data collection, statistical methods, and field research.
- Specific experience in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, database development and management.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages such as: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata, MS Access.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to email@example.com