Learning and Evaluation Consultant
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Organization: Global Fund for Women
At Global Fund for Women, our vision is a world where every woman and girl is strong, safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions. We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls, using grantmaking and advocacy to propel global movements for women’s rights.
Global Fund for Women is seeking a Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation professional, with experience working with feminist and women’s rights organizations to support a three year grantmaking and learning initiative in Kenya. The Consultant will work closely with the Learning and Evaluation team to support Global Fund for Women’s grantee partners in Kenya to strengthen their Learning, Monitoring, & Evaluation (LME) capacity through technical assistance and peer learning.
This is a one-year contract consultant position starting in July 2019, with the possibility for renewal for additional two years.
Provide technical support on learning, monitoring and evaluation:
- Organize and facilitate an orientation webinar
- Provide technical support to Global Fund for Women grantee partners based on their needs (via phone and in-person). This includes reviewing and providing feedback to grantee partners on their interim and yearly reports.
Document lessons learned and facilitate peer exchanges
- Conduct interviews with grantee partners on success, challenges, and lessons learned every 6 months
- Organize and facilitate peer learning sessions with grantee partners
Coordinate with Global Fund for Women team
- Share updates on a regular basis
- Provide input and feedback on an M&E Technical Advisor program
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning, monitoring, and evaluation design and methodology
- Experience in facilitating use of data to inform decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Gender awareness and sensibility
- Ability to use technology effectively
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative interpersonal relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of social justice movements
- Fluency in English is required
Edication and Experience
- University degree, in a discipline that includes an emphasis on research analysis and methodology
- Minimum of five years of experience in design and management of evaluations
- Experience in designing evaluation plans and systems with not-for-profit organizations and foundations, including developing theories of change or logic models
- Experience providing technical support and/or capacity building to civil society organizations and non-governmental organizations
- Experience working with, or within, a feminist organization or knowledge of key values and approaches guiding the work of a feminist organization
This is a one-year contract consultant position starting in July 2019, with the possibility for renewal for additional two years. We estimate that the work will take approximately 40 days per year but envision that this workload would fluctuate over time.
Location and Reporting
The consultant will be based remotely in Kenya and will report to Global Fund for Women’s Director of Learning and Evaluation, based in San Francisco, USA.
How to apply:
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be opened until filled.