Learning and Evaluation Consultant
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, USA
Organization: Global Fund for Women
Global Fund for Women’s vision is a world where every woman and girl is strong safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions. We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls, using grantmaking and advocacy to propel global movements for women’s rights.
The Learning and Evaluation Consultant is a temporary contract working within the Impact and Effectiveness team during the Director of Learning & Evaluation’s maternity leave. Working closely with the Vice President of Impact & Effectiveness, this position supports the implementation of an organization-wide learning, evaluation, and impact framework for Global Fund for Women. This includes managing the collection, analysis, and dissemination of grantee data, designing and implementing evaluations of specific grantmaking portfolios and participating in cross-team projects to provide research and evaluation support.
This position will ideally start in May and will be up to 15 days per month May-December 2018 and can work out of our New York or San Francisco offices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the Learning & Evaluation representative on initiative-based grantmaking, responsible for supporting learning, monitoring, and evaluation activities, including data extraction and cleaning, analysis, and drafting reports.
- Provide detailed and accurate analysis of grantmaking outcomes to support donor reporting
- Lead analysis of annual global grantmaking outcomes and prepare findings for internal learnings and external campaigns and reports.
- Support grants and data management by refining LME tools, updating application and reporting templates, and managing systems to monitor data quality.
- Facilitate ongoing reflection with staff and other key stakeholders to ensure learning and improvement (including reflection sessions, ongoing learning memos, etc.)
Internal: This position reports to the Vice President of Impact & Effectiveness, works closely with the Learning & Evaluation Associate and LEGO Fellow, and has regular working interactions with Programs, Operations, and Development teams.
External: Provide support to grantee partners and applicants, manage external consultants to conduct independent evaluations and represent Global Fund for Women at conferences and events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation/research design and methodology
- Experience in designing evaluation plans and systems with not-for-profit organizations and foundations, including developing theories of change or logic models
- Proven skills in developing quantitative and qualitative research tools for data collection
- Proven skills in data collection, including administering surveys, conducting and documenting interviews and focus groups
- Proven skills in analyzing quantitative (via SPSS or other statistical software) and qualitative data, and writing evaluation reports and final products
- Excellent skills in using data visualization to present research findings
- Knowledge of, and experience with, databases
- Experience in facilitating use of data to inform decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Gender awareness and sensibility
- Ability to use technology effectively
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative interpersonal relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Spanish and/or French language skills
- Knowledge of social justice movements
- Knowledge of not-for-profit operations and capacity building
- Knowledge of development issues with emphasis on rights, partnership, participation, and sustainability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree, in a discipline that includes an emphasis on research analysis and methodology
• Minimum of three years of experience in evaluation or applied research capacity
• Experience working with, or within, a feminist organization or knowledge of key values and approaches guiding the work of a feminist organization
The Global Fund for Women is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQI candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to apply: