Knowledge & Learning Advisor
Location: n1 7eu
Organization: Womankind Worldwide
Womankind Worldwide are looking for a feminist with a proven track record in the generation and use of evidence looking to make their mark in building knowledge and learning to support women's rights. As an expert in research, monitoring and evaluation and a great relationship builder and facilitator, you will help to strengthen our technical development and learning, through a feminist lens. In addition to specialist research, monitoring and evaluation expertise and experience, you will have the critical thinking, communication and presentation skills to work with our partners to draw out, synthesise and curate knowledge from multiple types of project and initiative and to support strategic dissemination.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced research, monitoring and evaluation professional to lead on research, monitoring, evaluation and learning at Womankind, including using, developing and promoting innovative feminist approaches. Your role will contribute to quality and effectiveness across our programmes and policy & communications initiatives, as well as demonstrating impact and facilitating knowledge sharing and learning across Womankind’s partnership network and the women’s rights and international development sectors more broadly.. This is an opportunity to develop new and distinctive approaches to measure and demonstrate the impact of women’s movements. The role will also represent Womankind in relevant forums, facilitate knowledge / research partnerships and develop and contribute to Womankind’s strategic development and planning..
Key internal relationships
The post is based in the Policy, Programmes & Learning (PPL) team. The role will be managed by the Director Programmes & Learning (DPL) and work closely with all staff team members and with Womankind’s partners. The post holder may manage interns/volunteers on an ad hoc basis.
The post holder will be required to undertake reasonable international travel in order to fulfil their duties, this is expected to be no more than eight weeks per year.
Oversight of Womankind’s MEL Framework and processes
- Work closely with the DPL to strengthen and implement a comprehensive strategy for Womankind’s monitoring, evaluation and learning, helping to identify appropriate tools and refine measures to demonstrate programme impact and support continuous programme improvement.
- Support recruiting, interviewing, and training M&E consultants including the design of commissioned pieces of work.
- Lead on developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products.
- Foster a community of learning within Womankind and partners, supporting partners to document and share progress, lessons learned, and success stories and building inter- and cross-regional and thematic bridges between each other via in-person and virtual spaces.
- Oversight of Womankind data collection, analysis and management systems, strategies and methods, including use of existing databases and tools.
Support to project design, donor reports and publications
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based programme decision-making, and results reporting, develop tools and provide training as needed.
- Support management of Womankind knowledge building and learning projects related to understanding the organisation’s impact and contribution to change.
- Work closely with PPL and the Fundraising and Marketing team members to provide high quality, technical input into concept notes and proposals, and ensure that lessons learned through monitoring, evaluation and learning activities shape project and programme design.
- Produce/contribute to reports illustrating Womankind’s impact (donor reports, concept notes, annual reports, blogs/articles).
- Create and integrate graphics in proposals, reports and information products to help visualise data in a meaningful way.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with partner organisations.
- Work closely with the PPL team staff to-design learning visits and support for partners based on their priorities and project requirements.
- Collaborating with Sector as MEL Expert
Participate in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning working groups and communities.
- Lead and author key articles and communication products reflecting on feminist approaches to MEL practice.
- Represent Womankind at regional or global meetings.
- This post will also undertake other reasonable responsibilities not outlined above which are commensurate with a role of this nature.
The Knowledge and Learning Advisor must be committed to the mission, vision, values and aims of Womankind Worldwide as it seeks to support and speak out about women’s human rights and development internationally.
All posts are expected to contribute towards developing a supportive working environment, to demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and respect, transparency and accountability and uphold quality standards as outlined in policies and procedures, and in compliance with Womankind Worldwide’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Terms and conditions
- Hours: 35 hours
- Salary: Circa £37,802 - £44,675
- Contract: 2 years Fixed Term Contract
- Probationary period: 6 months
- Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus English bank holidays, plus 3 days when the office is closed over the Christmas break
- Pension: Womankind has a contributory pension scheme in place
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret we are not always able to respond personally to applicants who are not short-listed. If you have not heard from us within three weeks from the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4 September 2019, 11pm
Interview date: TBC - current plan is as follows:
First round interviews: w/c 9 September 2019
Second round interviews: w/c 23 September 2019
For full job description and how to apply, please visit our website by clicking 'apply'
How to apply: