Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, USA
Organization: The New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault
The New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault (the Alliance) is a non-profit in the city whose mission is to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes. Through training, advocacy and research, the Alliance has been an active force in fighting for recognition of the magnitude of the problem of sexual violence in New York City.
Overview of the Position
The Alliance is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated professional in the field of sexual assault to assume the duties of Intervention Coordinator. The position will be an integral part of shaping our client service program, AFA (Alliance for Advocacy), to provide personal advocacy on an individual as well as the systems level including law enforcement, health care, and courts. The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with victims of sexual violence. Ideal candidates will possess clinical, advocacy, case management, and program coordination skills.
- Conduct client engagement and assessment; provide personal and criminal justice advocacy services to victims of sexual violence
- Provide counseling to victims of sexual violence and respond to clients with urgent/non-urgent emotional or physical needs, both in person and by telephone
- Advocate on behalf of clients with multidisciplinary teams including rape crisis programs, social service agencies, District Attorneys’ Offices, NYPD, health care providers, and other service providers
- Regularly attend Sexual Assault Task Force and provider meetings in five boroughs
- Connect clients with appropriate information and resources including local rape crisis programs, urgent care, legal services, etc.
- Assist with compensation claims to New York State Office of Victim Services (OVS)
- Manage and facilitate Healing Group activities (monthly)
- Accompany client to criminal legal, court, and other appointments
- Manage Emergency Funds to provide allowable food, child care, emergency legal fees, emergency housing, emergency transportation (subway or bus token)
- Prepare program reports and track statistical information for funders
- Assist with coordination, facilitation and administration duties related to the Training Institute
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required, Masters' degree preferred.
- Knowledge and passion in working with anti-sexual violence highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, advocacy skills.
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Computer skills: facility with Internet searches, MS Office suite, and graphical presentations
- Dedication to using a social justice framework in order to carry out work
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practices, counseling skills
Annual salary of $44,000 - $48,000 Commensurate with education and experience
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Intervention Coordinator. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE