International Head of Mission
Location: Dohuk, Kurdish Region of Iraq
Organization: medica mondiale e.V.
Since 2015, medica mondiale has been implementing programmes and projects in the Kurdish Region of Iraq focusing on strengthening local protection and counseling for women and girls affected by sexual and gender based violence.
The Head of Mission represents medica mondiale to stakeholders and partners in KRI. She ensures the overall management of the sub-country office. She is responsible for the smooth implementation of programmes and identifies new partners and opportunities for intervention. She is represents medica mondiale to partners and stakeholders in KRI, reports to the Head of International Programmes and liaises with the Regional Manager at the Head Office in Cologne.
- Run the sub-country office, consisting of one international technical expert, two local Support Officers (finance, admin and logistics) drivers and technical staff on consultancy basis;
- Ensure administrative, finance and HR management in line with medica mondiale procedures;
- Manage programme funds within the budget framework; ensure all internal administrative, financial and logistical requirements are met;
- Liaise with relevant actors and represent medica mondiale to national and international
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of medica mondiale’s programme in KRI, identify areas for
- improvement and provide recommendations;
Experience/knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated track record in financial, administrative and HR management, including security, logistics, and operations;
- Profound knowledge of the different forms and consequences of violence against women and sexualised war and post-war violence, and of women’s rights; knowledge of and experience with advocating for women’s rights issues;
- Experience in project work, i.e. PCM, proposal writing and budgeting and managing donors implementers relationships, both from an implementers and a donor’s perspective;
- Knowledge and experience in cooperating with local organisations in (post)conflict settings;
- Excellent command of the English language combined with strong writing skills; Knowledge in
- Arabic and / or Kurdish (Badhini) languages is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational development regarding both operational and organisational structures is an asset;
- Working experience and a personal network in the region is an asset.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application (CV, cover letter and references not exceeding 2MB) as well as your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.