Intern - Women Human Rights
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New Delhi, India
PWESCR Internship Programme
PWESCR ongoing volunteer internship programme typically consists of a minimum of four consecutive calendar months of work in the Delhi (India) office. The programme is mutually advantageous. Interns gain valuable exposure to a wide range of women's human rights issues and knowledge of South Asian region.
- Policy analysis and social research,
- Assist in writing of PWESCR’s discussion papers.
- Support in PWESCRs communication and advocacy efforts.
- General logistic, administrative and programme support on various projects as per the requirement.
- Assist in day-to-day administrative work in the office.
PWESCR ensures that you receive the experience that is relevant to your needs and interest. Internship assignments are based on the work requirements the organization has. PWESCR does not have paid internship and does not provide stipends for interns. Each intern is responsible for his or her own airfare and other transportation costs.
- Demonstrate commitment to women’s rights.
- Advance degree in international relations, social sciences; economics, law, human rights or women's studies.
- The Internship is for at least four (4) months.
- Interested candidates should demonstrate good written and oral communication skills in English, while it is preferred that you have excellent knowledge of the field of study or the sector you work with, and a working understanding of the issues PWESCR deals with.
- Demonstrate good research, analytic thinking and writing skills. (in English).
- Knowledge of South Asian languages is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to network and liaise in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, manage multiple and competing priorities and handle detail.
- Work to optimize teamwork, learning and efficiency.
- Preference is given to applicants who can commit at least 6 month (or longer) or at minimum, four months.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following and they will be considered on a rolling basis:
- Cover letter
- One letters of reference (from your employer or professor)
- Two published or unpublished short paper written by the applicant discussing issues related to human rights, women’s human rights or socio-economic justice.
Send your application to:
- PWESCR, Internship Programme
S-280, S Block, Greater Kailash I, New Delhi
- Or email@example.com