Location: Washington, DC
Organization: JASS (Just Associates)
About the organization:
JASS is dedicated to strengthening the voice, visibility, and collective organizing power of women to create a just, sustainable world for all. Our feminist movement-building and popular education strategies combine innovative learning, organizing, communications and action that equip and energize activists, expand alliances and mobilize women's movements for greater political influence and to ensure the safety of activists in an increasingly risky world. Founded in 2002 as a community of practice by activists, popular educators and scholars from 13 countries, JASS generates cutting-edge knowledge about power, movements and change to shape the theory, practice and policies for advancing women's rights and democratic change. Working with women and diverse organizations in 27 countries, JASS' agile regional and international structure and processes are designed to support grassroots organizing as well as local-to-global solidarity and action, placing frontline activists and agendas at the heart of our social justice work.
About the internship:
The intern will work in the cross-regional (DC) office, supporting U.S.-based and international staff in 3 regions: Southern Africa, Southeast Asia and Mesoamerica. Day-to-day tasks include:
Office Administrative and Program Support
- Day-to-day administrative tasks including answering telephone, ordering supplies, filing, etc.
- Support program staff with various tasks including making travel arrangements and reservations, setting up meetings and conference calls, taking minutes, credit card and expense reports, etc.
Communications + Fundraising
- Work with the communications team to update content and design for JASS' website.
- Support the development, promotion and maintenance of online communications tools including JASS blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, website, newsletters, etc.
- Support in designing a variety of JASS communications pieces including reports, two-pagers, proposals, newsletters, etc.
- Support the writing of communications pieces including donor proposals and reports, 2 pagers, translated documents, etc.
- Assist the Resource Mobilization Coordinator with donor correspondence, including keeping donor records up to date, and sending donor appeals, communications, and thank you letters.
Knowledge + Information Management
- Input contacts into CRM database, manage newsletter and other mailing subscriptions, and keep contacts up to date.
- Work with the IT consultant to design an organizational system and transfer files from the server to a cloud-based system.
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in bachelor's or graduate degree program.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience with, or desire to learn, basic website updates and CRM (customer relationship management) software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with the DC staff, as well as remotely with staff in other regions.
- Time management and problem solving skills.
- Sense of humor.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Application open until the position is filled.