Gender Cohort Coordinator
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Atlanta, USA
CARE is seeking a Gender Cohort Coordinator who will be part of the Gender Justice (GJ) team, a community for the courageous pursuit of equality that sits within the Program Partnerships and Learning (PPL) division at CARE USA. The Gender Justice Team leads the Gender Equality and Women’s Voice (GEWW) approach on behalf of CARE globally. Building off 20+ years of gender programming, CARE’s GEWV strategy focuses on harnessing the many gender justice champions within CARE to make greater impact in its work.
The Gender Cohort Coordinator supports a key initiative in the advancement of gender equality globally through contributing to CARE’s Global Program Strategy 2020 goals, and specifically leading and designing a new initiative to meet the demand for gender technical assistance throughout all of our programs by creating an agile supply of vibrant and diverse gender resource people globally who are ready to meet the demand.
The Gender Cohort Coordinator position is part coach and mentor, business coordinator, program architect and relationship manager. The Gender Cohort Coordinator will lead this new initiative at CARE that seeks to tap and grow gender talent from CARE’s global pool of staff and external partners, and connect them with demands for gender technical services.
The person in this role will be responsible for establishing and running a curriculum for this network of gender talent. The Gender Cohort Coordinator will also manage the demand for gender technical support and ensure robust accountability systems for reflection, monitoring and assessment of people’s experiences with assignments (as clients and as gender technical experts). S/he will coach gender experts to work with other offices as ‘clients’, and will be dedicated to fostering the gender community that sits across all of CARE.
· Develop curriculum and training process for gender staff/partners that comprise CARE’s approach to gender integrated practice
· Identify and link to demand for gender technical support, which requires an important mix of coordination and planning alongside strong relationship management skills and finance competencies.
· Coordinate a roster for gender technical support, which requires an important mix of coordination and planning alongside strong relationship management skills and finance competencies.
· Ensure/establish robust accountability systems for reflection, monitoring and assessment of people’s experiences with assignments (as clients and as gender technical experts)
· Foster the global gender community that sits across all of CARE
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences, preferably with academic emphasis in gender
· Or formal training in gender studies, women’s studies
· 5-7 years working in a technical gender capacity strengthening and international development
· Must have a deep understanding gender justice and program implementation
· Possess a mix of coordination, planning and strong relationship management skills
· Experience working in global, matrixed organizations
· Experience developing curricula and coaching plans
· Demonstrated relationship management expertise, with a high comfort level working across cultures
· Comfort with autonomy and self-starting
· Effective communications and presentation skills with the ability to network, build relationships and establish collaboration with different partners and agencies
· Social media and communications savvy
· Proposal development and writing skills on gender issues
How to apply: