Gender-based Violence Service Expert - Volunteer in Myanmar
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Organization: Cuso International's partner Tharthi Myay Foundation
- Length of Placement 10 Months.
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Are you passionate about rights for women and girls?
Tharthi Myay Foundation's mission is to promote social justice and the rule of law in Myanmar through direct grant making and capacity building support to local organizations and networks. As a Gender Based Violence Service Expert you would work with Tharthi Myay Foundation to support their grantees and community partners through training, facilitating and coaching/mentoring around the spectrum of Gender Based Violence (GBV) relevant services and advocacy work. Apply now and support the law-making process that protects the rights of women and girls.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Conduct an analysis of the current situation, services and infrastructure for Gender Based Violence support
- Work with local partners to understand their challenges and capacity needs
- Develop capacity building strategies and resources
- Provide capacity building support in service delivery, documentation and advocacy work
- Support TMF Gender Team staff as required and review on organizational development profile
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- University Degree/Professional Certificate in Social Work, Psychology/Counselling, Gender Studies, Law or relevant field
Essential Professional Background:
- At least 3 years work experience on GBV survivor support and/or women’s rights
- Gender mainstreaming/sensitivity understanding and work experience.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
How to apply: