Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor - Canadians only (French required)
Organization: Cuso International
- Start date Sep - Nov 2019 (flexible)
- Duration of the assignment 6 Months
- Open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada only
- Language required French
Role of the volunteer cooperant
As part of its programming in Benin, particularly in the sector of inclusive and sustainable economic growth, Cuso International has just developed a new partnership with the Autonomous Center for Volunteering, Entrepreneurship, Research and Innovations of the University of Benin. Abomey-Calavi (CVERI-UAC). CVERI-UAC has a strategic plan and has implemented several projects in recent years.
In order to develop a strategy to integrate gender and social inclusion considerations into its activities and those of its partners, CVERI is asking Cuso International for a volunteer placement specializing in this theme. This placement will therefore ensure that the gender mainstreaming strategy is implemented and will contribute to increasing CVERI's capacity to integrate these considerations into its policies, programs and activities. The volunteer will work in the offices of CVERI on the campus of the University of Abomey-Calavi and offer support to the teams and partners of the projects implemented by the CVERI. He or she will ensure that planned activities in this area take place.
The Volunteer-Cooperant will have to carry out the following activities:
- To support the drafting of the CVERI gender and social inclusion strategy document and work with teams and partners to develop the corresponding work plan to implement the strategy
- Participate in the development of monitoring and evaluation tools to capture the results associated with the Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy
- Identify advocacy opportunities that can enable CVERI to sensitize the student audience or operational teams on issues of gender and social inclusion, and give them the support needed to develop these advocacy activities
- Contribute to research, dissemination and learning projects on issues specific to gender equality and social inclusion
- Contribute to the development of internal policies and documentary resources on Gender and Social Inclusion.
Essential academic skills:
- University degree in gender studies, social sciences (sociology, anthropology, development, etc.) or in a relevant field
Experience / Essential Professional Skills:
- Experiences in issues related to Gender;
- Experience in capacity building
- Ability to work with few resources and as a member of a team
- Experience in the field of animation.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
How to apply: