Gender Advisor - Volunteer in Peru
Location: Cusco, Peru
Organization: Cuso International's partner Centro Bartolome de las Casas
- Length of Placement 11 Months
- Language Requirements English, Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
As a Gender Advisor, you will be involved in the planning, design and implementation of a campaign against sexual violence, while transferring knowledge and skills to members of the Partner organization and local groups. You will support gender mainstreaming in local program and projects carried out by the Partner organization and work with Bartolomé de las Casas Centre (CBC) in Cusco, Peru. CBC's main goals is to achieve better economic conditions for women and communities.
Women are their own agency of change! Come join us in this great cause, let's help empower women in Cusco, Peru!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Participate and develop the 2019-2021 strategic planning process to include the discussion of cross-cutting themes of the CBC.
- Create a Gender Strategic plan in alignment with the CBC strategic plan.
- Support with Technical knowledge and training on sexual violence, gender mainstreaming projects and to establish alliances with public and private local organizations.
- Ongoing support as needed.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- niversity degree in social sciences, humanities, political sciences, similar disciplines or experience.
- Gender Studies.
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in the implementation of processes of training for diverse audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills written for the development of training materials
- Good interpersonal communication skills to be able to communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
How to apply:
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest