Deadline: Until filled
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Organization: ActionAid USA
ActionAid USA (AAUSA) is a member of the global ActionAid Federation, whose mission is to advance social justice, poverty eradication, and gender equality across more than 50 countries. We strengthen the capacity, skills, and agency of people living in poverty and exclusion so that they can assert their own rights, hold power to account, and transform the structural causes of inequality and injustice.
The Foundations Manager will work closely with the fundraising team, the senior management team, and other AAUSA and ActionAid International staff to support both US and global programs by strengthening AAUSA’s foundation fundraising strategy, stewarding and growing relationships with current foundations funders, and identifying and cultivating new funders.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with foundation prospects and donors.
- Conduct prospect research to identify new potential supporters.
- Develop and implement donor cultivation and stewardship strategies, including face to face meetings with foundation Program Officers.
- Work with program teams in the US and across the globe to write, edit, and submit concept notes and proposals.
- Support editing of donor reports as needed.
- Advise and support AAUSA and international staff in engaging with and soliciting grants from US foundations.
- Maintain annual revenue projections.
- Maintain excellent donor records.
- Extensive knowledge of US foundations
- Proven ability to raise funds from foundations
- Excellent proposal writing, editing, and budgeting skills
- Prospect research experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of US laws, regulations and best practice governing non-profits and 501(c)(3) organizations
- General knowledge of international development and poverty issues
- Commitment to the values of ActionAid USA (e.g., feminist leadership, inclusivity, intersectionality)
- BA or 5+ years in a Foundations Management/comparable development role
- Experience working within multiple accountability structures
- Experience working with varied cultures and nationalities
How to apply:
Email resume or CV, cover letter, and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary range $60,000-70,000 commensurate with experience. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Please no phone calls.